Princess 43 Build

47GC

Visit site
Well that's the order placed for our Princess 43. Goes into build around September this year with delivery March 2016. Bought it from James at BCU, have to agree that BCU know how to make a deal work. After a stalled agreement with another vendor James from BCU stepped in, understood the issue, made it right, put a deal together, bit of negotiation and deal done. Considering the amount of money, it was actually fun!

Now, I don't know much about new boat builds apart from reading the epic threads from this forum, so plan to learn as much as possible during our build by getting down to the factory for an initial tour and then a few visits probably around November and January to check on progress, then lastly for sea trials. All very exciting.

Obviously the 43 is a production boat so there is no major customisation (no stairs to flybridge!). But a few little extras to make it feel that extra bit special.

I know you guys like pictures, so hopefully in a few months I'll get some posted.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Well that's the order placed for our Princess 43. Goes into build around September this year with delivery March 2016. Bought it from James at BCU, have to agree that BCU know how to make a deal work. After a stalled agreement with another vendor James from BCU stepped in, understood the issue, made it right, put a deal together, bit of negotiation and deal done. Considering the amount of money, it was actually fun!

Now, I don't know much about new boat builds apart from reading the epic threads from this forum, so plan to learn as much as possible during our build by getting down to the factory for an initial tour and then a few visits probably around November and January to check on progress, then lastly for sea trials. All very exciting.

Obviously the 43 is a production boat so there is no major customisation (no stairs to flybridge!). But a few little extras to make it feel that extra bit special.

I know you guys like pictures, so hopefully in a few months I'll get some posted.

I hope you ordered it with the big cummins engines , the D6 is too small for that weight of boat.

admillington

Visit site
Very best of luck with your new boat.

JB does know how to put a deal together - he actually listens!

jfm

Visit site
Congratulations. Yes indeed the Barke brothers are masterful at finding solutions to things that could block a deal, and are nice guys to deal with. Good luck with the specifying and please post pictures of the build if you can. What outline spec have you chosen? Where will you berth her?

47GC

Visit site
Hi JFM, thanks. She'll be berthed in Loch Lomond at the beginning. Plan is to move her to the med in a few years once the kids are older. I'll pull the spec when I'm on s PC and post it later.

47GC

Visit site
Hi Volvopaul, yeah I had heard that. Went down to Swanwick and skippered a 43 with the Volvos and came to the conclusion that the type of boating we do the Volvos were fine. We never go full throttle and generally the crew are happier on the cruise.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Congratulations on the new boat, lots of fun times ahead.

Obviously the 43 is a production boat so there is no major customisation (no stairs to flybridge!).

Hopefully there's at least one set of stairs to the flybridge, otherwise you've inadvertently bought a 'v' boat :D

Greg2

Visit site
Exciting times! Many congrats and look forward to following the build on here.......with plenty of pics please :)

admillington

Visit site
I heard the other day how many princess they have sold. The number was impressive from a standing start. Cham in Cala Dor bought an s72 so they are off to a flying start.

I heard how many they had sold already and along with the convoy of 7 new Princesses that turned up in Brighton on Saturday on the way to Norway, I think Princess are having a good year.

andy59

Visit site
Wow , congratulations 47GC , the 43 is a lovely boat . Looking forward to seeing the build photos . I would be counting the days to launch :D

henryf

www.911virgin.com
We were delighted with our P42 and the P43 only improves things.

Interesting that BCU were able to put a deal together where previously you were struggling. I also look forward to seeing things progress.

Just ignore anything JFM says regarding scatter cushions :)

Henry :)

drh2

Visit site
Very best of luck with your new boat.

JB does know how to put a deal together - he actually listens!

Yes he does & that was my point recently regarding EBY/BCUK. Not every one is going to have the resolution they would like, but mostly JB goes a long way to try to achieve something that works for all parties, not take the mercenary attitude that many dealers do. There was a case where a dealer used a boat for sale as storage for their spares until the owner found out. Dealers need to realise that boating enthusiasts aren't just for exploiting and in the current economic climate need to be afforded some respect.