Princess 43 Build

henryf

www.911virgin.com
That looks superb. No usually a fan of the scatter cushion on this occasion they work though quite where you put them when wanting to sit down I will never know !!

I'm making sure Mrs Henryf doesn't see the thread lest she gets ideas :)

Henry :)

benjenbav

Visit site
That looks superb. No usually a fan of the scatter cushion on this occasion they work though quite where you put them when wanting to sit down I will never know !!

I'm making sure Mrs Henryf doesn't see the thread lest she gets ideas :)

Henry :)

Serious comment: I think a lot of seating is designed with overlong squabs which make it difficult for people of less lofty stature to sit with the base of their spine properly supported unless they wedge a cushion or two betwixt themselves and the seat-back. Possibly difficult from a position of your Olympian height to appreciate, H, but them scatter cushions are life-savers.

47GC

Visit site
Looking good! Thanks for posting the photos, much appreciated. Is the wood satin walnut?
Hi Bridgeman,
Satin Walnut in all the wood.
Black Midnight Sky worktop in the galley. - Nightmare to keep shiny & nice but looks good.
Quartz Leather Ice White on the upholstery.
Jacaranda Pearl Rampur Carpets.

47GC

Visit site
Veeery nice. Many congratulations. That must be one of the best 43s they have ever built - certainly the best interior. I love you and your wife's choices on the interior.
Thanks J, were very happy with the finished product. Cant wait to get cruising with family and friends. We did the AnCam setup as well, have not tried it yet, been too busy reading through all the paperwork/warranties etc.

jfm

Visit site
I'd love to see this Aladdin's cave!
Well, apart from consumables like oil and filters and small stuff like drive belts etc, my spares stock of larger items is as follows. Mainly stuff that is hard to replace or would be needed fast - otherwise there isn't any point holding as spares stock
Spare Whole passerelle hydraulic pack
20 litres keg fairline gelcoat
Spare planks of internal wenge floor
Satin walnut veneered plywood panels as spares, plus edging veneer rolls
Spare VFD
Spare Yam 70 starter motor
Spare airco air handler
Spare seawater and circ pumps/motors for airco (3 total)
Spare stainless gunwhale rubbing strip in case ding it
Spare whole icemaker ready to swap out plug n play
Spare caterpillar remote control/3rd station, whole unit
Insides of Tecma loo x2
Full set windscreen wiper motors and pantographs x2
Spare roll ceiling alcantara, wall fabric, carpet, enough to re-line about half the boat in case of mishap
Spare Samsung 40inch 28mm thick smartTV same as master cabin, because Samsung change models often and my wenge TV frame is perfectly machined to match this exact TV so I need another if it breaks

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Well, apart from consumables like oil and filters and small stuff like drive belts etc, my spares stock of larger items is as follows. Mainly stuff that is hard to replace or would be needed fast - otherwise there isn't any point holding as spares stock
Spare Whole passerelle hydraulic pack
20 litres keg fairline gelcoat
Spare planks of internal wenge floor
Satin walnut veneered plywood panels as spares, plus edging veneer rolls
Spare VFD
Spare Yam 70 starter motor
Spare airco air handler
Spare seawater and circ pumps/motors for airco (3 total)
Spare stainless gunwhale rubbing strip in case ding it
Spare whole icemaker ready to swap out plug n play
Spare caterpillar remote control/3rd station, whole unit
Insides of Tecma loo x2
Full set windscreen wiper motors and pantographs x2
Spare roll ceiling alcantara, wall fabric, carpet, enough to re-line about half the boat in case of mishap
Spare Samsung 40inch 28mm thick smartTV same as master cabin, because Samsung change models often and my wenge TV frame is perfectly machined to match this exact TV so I need another if it breaks

God man, don't tell everyone, Seriously JFM, it's about time you got a new boat so you can free up those goodies for a future refurb of mine! I thought you had a load of light fittings too?

jfm

Visit site
God man, don't tell everyone, Seriously JFM, it's about time you got a new boat so you can free up those goodies for a future refurb of mine! I thought you had a load of light fittings too?
Oh yeah several ceiling light fixtures for interior and HT, plus deck lights. Basically you gotta stock items that the manufacturer might stop making and are not easily replaced with something a bit different. Spare whole kitchen extractor hood too

Hurricane

Visit site
I guess that spares can be a personal thing - related to the boat and the way that you use her.
Spares that protect against "Show Stoppers"
For example, this year, our crane has become even more vital to the way we enjoy our boat.
Recently done a lot of work on the crane so I will be reviewing the spares that carry for that.
JFM's point about the ice maker is good - there is nothing worse than warm gin and tonic!!

Last year, I added a fresh water pump as a spare - nothing wrong with the one Princess fitted and the salesman who sold us the spare said that they are bomb proof ....... but no fresh water would be a show stopper.

We also carry a couple of spare immersion heaters - cold showers are not good for morale (in my case anyway).

As JFM's list - we carry lots of toilet spares - our system is Sealand VacFlush which are always a bit of a problem.
For Sealand - that would mean spare duck valves and pumps.
I'm also looking for a good cheap source of Vac Switches (can't find the OEM) but I have an emergency spare anyway.

Spare light bulbs

Engine spares
Belts - Primary Filters (in case of bug)

In Spain, we have a lockup store so in there we keep all kinds of bits - spare battery charger - - Lenco Trim Tab motors (often need replacing) - complete vac toilet unit - spare anodes etc...

@JFM
Spare Yam 70 starter motor - eeek :eek::eek::eek:

EDIT
Spare docking cameras
2 spare Ancam - these will definitely go obsolete - if not already.

Last edited:

47GC

Visit site
Oh yeah several ceiling light fixtures for interior and HT, plus deck lights. Basically you gotta stock items that the manufacturer might stop making and are not easily replaced with something a bit different. Spare whole kitchen extractor hood too
WOW, that is some parts list! Love it.