Pioneer 9

Stemar

Visit site
I, and a lot of other people here do their best to dissuade people from taking on major projects, because we've seen a few, and they invariably take several times as long as expected and cost several times as much. If we succeed, they weren't the sort of person who will see the project into the nightmare and out the other side to completion. If we can't, then it's quite possible you have got what it takes. At that point, we'll rally round. There's a lot of friendly expertise here, and I can't think of any time I haven't had useful answers to to my questions, nor can I think of many that I wouldn't be glad to share a pint or several with.

Unfortunately, like most people, we tend to react badly to hissy fits and shouting. Good luck with your boat, but I fear you've alienated a lot of potential help here.

Captain Blade

Visit site
Your very me,me…….it’s all in good fun?

It's not all me, or about me! It's about a Pionier 9 sailboat that I started to discuss and which some people on here trashed and said was of no use except to be scrapped. Come back in six months from now and tell me it's scrap! I'll double the value of it, I'll triple, quadruple the value of it and it will be worth £20,000 when I've finished with it!

Tranona

Visit site
It's not all me, or about me! It's about a Pionier 9 sailboat that I started to discuss and which some people on here trashed and said was of no use except to be scrapped. Come back in six months from now and tell me it's scrap! I'll double the value of it, I'll triple, quadruple the value of it and it will be worth £20,000 when I've finished with it!
Well, given that you got no bids with a starting price of £100 it is safe to assume that it has zero value at the moment - which is what many of us have said. You can easily spend £20k getting the shell into a passable boat - but its final value will be closer to zero than £20k.

You may find this useful in re-adjusting your expectations boats-from.co.uk/not-specified/30-ft-sailing-yacht-pionier-9-van-de-stadt-199910

Captain Blade

Visit site
...do I need to say anything else! For all the so-called experience on here, I might be better off speaking to sea slugs on the other side of the universe!

Wansworth

Visit site
Well I wish you well in your endevour but you should take on board that it’s been seen before,a project boat and although I have not read all the posts in the main they have been educational