Our Boat Dog. (to be)

rivonia

Visit site
Hi all and what lovely photos at the moment my choice of the best three PICTURES are as follows;

1..GREHAN..2 Labs

2..ZigmundoVanDog all pictures

3..Seatiger..Lab puppy with Cat

Not quite decision time yet, but time is running out. So any more pictures?

Peter

Liz_I

Visit site
She really is a lovely looking girl.
Reminds me of when Ziggy adopted us in Almerimar in 2000. He was one of 5 boatyard strays and decided that we were a good bet! To date he's visited in excess of 70 islands incl the Canary Islands, Maderia/Porto Santo, Azores, Croatia, Ionian Islands & IOW/UK By sea & overland most of Spain, Portugal, France, Italy & UK.
They ask nothing but give SO much.

Vote for Ellie.

My absolute favourite though is Laika and it's tragic she can't stay but let's hope she will find a loving home ashore. If our boat wasn't so full.......... ahh well. Best of luck to you all.

rivonia

Visit site
Thanks to everyones input. It is now time for me to announce the outright winner by getting ALL the votes......

AND THE WINNER IS...ELLI Congratulations. Now I have to buy some beers/wine.

Maybe just maybe there will be more photos of the lovely Dogs and Cats who share the sailing life.

Your aye

Peter

scubaski

Visit site
Not had time to visit the site recently, but loved the Our Bot Dog Thread. Missed the competition, but thought you might like to see a photo of our dog Pups who chose us in Almerimar in October 2002. This is him relaxing after a hard sail to Corsica last summer on route to Greece. He is at the moment happy playing in the snow where we run our winter business in a ski resort, but will soon be back in the sun in Levkas.
Well done for running such a fun competition and a massive bravo for all those that give a stray dog a home.

keithandpam

Visit site
How We Found Elli

Thanks to everyone who voted for Elli, she is very special to us. We found her on a street corner last October, she was being savaged by the local strays and the alpha bitch was just coming in for the kill. We chased away the strays and Elli followed us to the local bar. She put her head on my lap and fell asleep standing up. She was wearing a child's hairband with an elephant on it hence Elli, also it's short for Ellinika (meaning Greek) We took her to the vet's to find that she was aged around 3 1/2 months old and have since heard from local people that she lived in the yard of the DVD shop for a while. The Greek owner found her wandering around the street and took her in, then a young girl took her but we think her father dumped her. We also found out the the gypsies had her and dumped her. Her tail has been docked but it doesn't stop her from wagging her back end. Considering all the trauma she must have had she is a very sweet natured intelligent dog. House trained when we got her and quick and eager to learn tricks. She has learnt to speak English very quickly!!!

rivonia

Visit site
Hi all.

Just to let you know that Elli's owners have been rewarded with the promised drinks on Friday night.

This coming Friday there is a big do in El Porto where all winter live-aboards say there farewells etc. We shall be presenting Elli with her CERTIFICATE.

What do you think of doing this on an annual basis?

Fair winds

Peter

dslittle

Visit site
Keep it going

Thanks to everyones input. It is now time for me to announce the outright winner by getting ALL the votes......

AND THE WINNER IS...ELLI Congratulations. Now I have to buy some beers/wine.

Maybe just maybe there will be more photos of the lovely Dogs and Cats who share the sailing life.

Your aye

Peter

Missed the comp but what a great idea. Getting ready for next year's comp but need to get the dogs a bit more interested!!!

Victoria Sponge

Visit site
Where's my Dinner?

IMG_2742.jpg

Just found this one!