New tax for foreign yachts based in Greece from 1st January 2014????

Tony Cross

Visit site
I wonder if that is true? Even the most optimistic of cruising tax enthusiasts in the Greek community must be feeleing a little sceptical about it by now.

Happy new year, by the way!

I rather think that's wishful thinking. I too think it will happen sometime this year, AFAIK all that is required is the nod from the finance ministry, I think everything is in place for it's collection.

Happy New Year to everyone as well. :)

charles_reed

Visit site
I rather think that's wishful thinking. I too think it will happen sometime this year, AFAIK all that is required is the nod from the finance ministry, I think everything is in place for it's collection.

Happy New Year to everyone as well. :)

Time will tell. See no point in forecasting anything in Greece (in view of current developments).

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Well, It's getting close to launching time for many of us. Has anyone heard about the tax situation?

Also, I'm interested to know if there is a widespread problem withdrawing euro from ATM's.

Euros from Cash points - no doubt someone out in Greece will come back on this. I dont expect a problems until capital controls go on if things go down hill.

Cruising Tax - known as TPP. We know that discussions are going on between the Ministry of Finance and Shipping Ministry - but thats as far as we know. We could get an update any day now - but with the other things that are going on, who knows whether they will implement this year.

The CA will publish news as soon as we know any thing including the status of NON EU vessels which is under discussion with the Greek Customs.

http://www.theca.org.uk/news/greektax

ostra4

Visit site
Just listen to Greek finance minister talking about serious reforms in Greece for hours without saying anything concrete or in detail then imagine a full ministry full of similar folk all with their own ideas ......you see where I'm comming from -:)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I wonder how long it would be before this comes up again , the situation is the same has it been for the last God know how many year , you all need to stop working about it and go out and enjoy your self .
What's at the top of the list for the PP is who's turn to buy the coffee
PS
ATM are working very well I took out 500 this morning and we been using them thought the winter without any problem , but there is a shortest off food ,fuel, beer wine and Giros so make sure you fill you bags up with has many bake beans .

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Jeez .... shortage of beer and wine ffs! That's Greece off the itinerary for this year. :(

Richard

Richard .
We queue for an hour for bread this morning , I can tell you it wasn't very good and what worst when we got to the front of the queue I was told they didn't have any bread , can you believe e it ? What a waste of time , but they did offer to sell me stamps of post parcel for me .

Bertramdriver

www.williamsandsmithells.com
Richard .
We queue for an hour for bread this morning , I can tell you it wasn't very good and what worst when we got to the front of the queue I was told they didn't have any bread , can you believe e it ? What a waste of time , but they did offer to sell me stamps of post parcel for me .

How are you recovering from the earthquake? It appears the crust moved

sailaboutvic

Visit site
At last it official , NO GREECE TAX ON YACHT , we took Alexia Tsipras out on a day sail and he loved it so much that he decided to buying a yacht and knocking this stupid idea of charging people an tax on such a wonderful pastime . And if the EU give Greece the next pay out he is also going to fit power and water to all the harbour walls on all the island for everyone to use for free , what a great man ,

Tony Cross

Visit site
At last it official , NO GREECE TAX ON YACHT , we took Alexia Tsipras out on a day sail and he loved it so much that he decided to buying a yacht and knocking this stupid idea of charging people an tax on such a wonderful pastime . And if the EU give Greece the next pay out he is also going to fit power and water to all the harbour walls on all the island for everyone to use for free , what a great man ,

So....when he came to pay for his day sail....did he ask for a receipt?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
In all our dreams, Vic.
So it's no coincidence that Tsipras is an anagram of piss art?

Well Mac he did drink me out of all my beers , oh and Tony , if your reading this which I sure you are , I give him your details as he want to know about overseas member for the club and how much discount he could get . :)

( another plug for your club , hope if I every decided to join I get free membership .