magazine competitions

Johnjo

Visit site
I enter them, never won anything, but get a lot of boat related bumph
come through the letter box,
Anything to do with entering the competitions?

regards mike

Strathglass

Visit site
I actually won a 2.5 litre tin of Uno Antifouling through Scottish yachting life last month and about six months ago one of my neighbours won a tender and outboard on ST.
I suppose the odds are a bit better than the lottery.

Iain

snowleopard

Visit site
funny you should say that...

apparently i've just won a pair of binocs in december ym. obviously not too many entrants or my usual luck would have applied.

(they say they'll try to get them to me in the next few months!)

jamesjermain

Visit site
A little secret

I'm not going to give the game away other than to say YM gets a higher than average level of entry for a magazine of its type.

But I will let you into one little secret. Many years ago, when I was nae but a wee tech ed, we ran a competition for which the entries were a grand total of... nil

And it was a good prize too.

JJ

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
I won a DSC radio last year - very nice It was a Tom Cunliffe quiz comp, and I think they had to pull quite a lot out of the hat before they came up with the first all-correct answers.

I have NEVER won anything before in my life, so it is possible . . .

<font color=blue>Nick</font color=blue>
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bluemoment.com>
bluemoment.gif
</A>

BrendanS

Visit site
Well,

there was a survey (pop up window) when I logged onto this forum a few months ago. I was startled to receive an email telling me I'd won 70 odd squids worth of Gerber multi tool, and could they check my address.

It arrived a few days later.

Very nice too!

So it *is* worth it.

tcm

Visit site
Re: what a mug!

hah! I didn't think you'd fall for that. Oh sure, they take your details but then what, eh? Wel, okay they sent you the airtickets or the prize - but then what? Hmm? Very dodgy indeed. I spect they've got a hidden thing somewhere that tracks your every move and records all the credit cards you have got whilst using the multitool and then what? Be warned!

BrendanS

Visit site

If they want to track my every move, they've got the wrong person <g> I can put you onto some nice software that would do that, but the company got bought out, and the product dumped.

Be a bit difficult to track my credit card, I don't use one, because I'm so suspicious of the bleeders tracking me all over the world and watching my spending.

Those nice friendly aliens beamed me up to their spaceship last night and removed the government tracking chip which means that Blair's lot can't find me any more...and people think that x-files is a story. It's all true...the aliens told me so.

claymore

Visit site

Brendan
Thats a nice Shirt you have on today. You are looking well for a man of your age - oh and your car needs a clean.
Who said we only fitted one tracking chip - silly aliens!

regards
Claymore

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Mike,

No is the general answer; we don't take the addresses and sell them on as a rule although in some cases we might supply addresses to the company that has supplied the prizes - but only where we have the necessary permissions from you to do so. Data Protection Act compliance is not an option for us and so if you have opted out your address remains safe. Even if you don't it's not in our interests to hawk your details around all over the place.

Kim

kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

Rabbie

Visit site
I have a go at most of them as they are just a kind of lottery anyway.Never won anything!. However, last year, my local paper was offering 3 pairs of London Boat Show tickets and a phone call confirmed my win of a pair. When they arrived, I found six tickets. On enquiring, I was told I was the only contestant and I might as well have all six!. As I could find no one free to accompany me, I gave them away to astonished visitors waiting at Earls Court box office. Perhaps you were one?.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Wait!!!

Don't chop your head off just like that. Why not take advantage of our special offer of a flat pack self-assembly genuine French Revolution style guillotine, made by hand-picked craftsmen in Taiwan from the finest oak-veneered chipboard. With a teflon-coated blade, you can invite your friends to your farewell party, knowing that they can clean up after you with the least possible mess. As a subscriber to Yachting Monthly, you benefit from a special loyalty discount of 17.74% from our already lower than low direct mail price of £149.99. Just remember, inferior models sell in High Street Chandlers (if you can find one) for over twice this price. And one more thing - a special 32 bit electronic chip plays the Funeral March as our laser beam electronic eye detects your head entering the free wicker basket.

Please state size and colour and allow 28 days for delivery, and add £54.85 p&p. And remember, our famous lifetime guarantee refunds your money in full (less p&p and a modest handling charge) if your are not entirely satisfied. Batteries not included.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Twister_Ken on 29/01/2003 01:17 (server time).</FONT></P>

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Interested

As you have not included the obligatory url at the bottom of your post, advertising your product offerings, I have been unable to peruse the delights of your catalogue, nor buy online with my offshore untrackable credit card.

While this product seems packed with features and well priced, I am not certain that I am your target audience, as your product appears to be aimed at the whimsical 'Nauticalia' market.

Do you stock a modern alternative? Something along the lines of the laser beam featured in a James Bond film, which was about to carve a notch in the nadgers of the master spy would do nicely. This with a free carbon fibre bin to catch the nicely cauterised and blood free head would I am sure attract a premium price, which I would be happy to pay. If you can offer such a product, please direct me to your commerce enabled website, as I am far too busy planning my imminent demise to travel to a high street outlet

Yours

Alien abductee