Is a Voyager 4500 double hob and grill unit the same size as the Neptune 2000 unit?

James_Calvert

Visit site
Hi, I did a similar replacement a few years ago. As I recall it, the tappings for the gimbal/fiddles mechanism were in a different place, so I ended up using the new ones. The actual pivot point was close enough so I could reuse the fixed mountings (which were originally for a Flavel Vanessa).

Pete7

Visit site
What size bolts/what thread to fit the sea rail/gimbals to the cooker?

- W
I think they are 4mm and perhaps 12-15mm long.

Are both units double hob and grill only, in other words no oven? If so they have a different gimbal position to the oven variety. Top arrow in the image is the position for a hob and grill. Bottom arrow is the position for hob, grill and oven. The greater drop being needed because there isn't 14kg of oven hanging below the hob grill option.

I measured the difference carefully when swopping from hob, oven, grill, to just hob and grill so that the lid would still close over the hobs when not needed. Even more so when we changed to double induction instead.

Keep the old pan holders/rails, they are stainless steel. New ones are chromed steel.

Pete

Attachments

• Gimbal positions.jpg
    Gimbal positions.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: