I couldn't believe my eyes!

snowleopard

Visit site
Great video, but don't think it was a minke, this is a minke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93ZDOcU2TL4

With the Minke, all you usually see is the hump of its back with a small dorsal fin. That one looks a lot bigger in any case. I once saw a Sunfish about there which was pretty exciting at the time.

Mind you, at this time of year whale tails are a common sight along the south coast....

Picture%2027_3.png

Mariner69

Visit site
Mind you, at this time of year whale tails are a common sight along the south coast....
http://media3.popsugar

That image reminded me of a near tragic incident on the east coast.

I was in the bar of a public house alongside the sea and the barmaid had similar attire except she had a jewel at the point where the three pieces meet.

Discussion ensured as to the jewel. I's a diamond says she. The rest of us disagreed since it was large. "It must be paste says I and they are easy to tell if they are real or not"

Now since I own a boat I am obviously not provided with a great deal of foresight so I added "If you breath on the jewel the paste diamond shows itself up by the way it reacts"

"Prove it the entire bar and barmaid says!" Whereupon I go behind the bar where the young lady has adopted the pose in the photograph.

As I am leaning over breathing heavily on the barmaid's jewel when my wife returns from the ladies where she has been throughout the entire earlier conversation.

Oh boy.......

Vitesse

Visit site
Daughter came in last night and asked if we knew about the 'whale in Dartmouth'.

For once I say that I knew about it a couple of days ago!

Didn't see any whales on our chug through a grey and windy Salcombe yesterday evening.

Visit site
A few years ago on a flat calm summers evening, me and Mrs CH went out from Fowey in our dingy for a bit of fresh air, about half a mile offshore a huge creature swam beneath us....scared the bejasus out of us. Don't think it was a dolphin, way to long, whale perhaps?