Girls weekend Orwell 23/09/2006

suse

Visit site
Great to read this! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know exactly what you mean about all the falling in/over. I crouch around like a chimp when I go up to the foredeck, clutching on with all hands and feet.

Can I come with you next time, too, please? Given that others have asked.

lol Susy

Neddie_Seagoon

www.yotblog.com
I don't mind them voting, as long as they vote the right way, but what's all this with the avatars. Each SWMBO seems to have adopted their respective partner's avatar, tis most confusing, I have to look at the name to see if 'tis Mr. or Mrs. who is posting. C'mon girls, you need piccies of your own.

Steve

FullCircle

Visit site
The avat ar on Full Circle is the same logo graphic you will find on the stern of the boat, in the heads and the forecabin door.
So in our case, I am afraid it will stay, as each element of the avatar has a meaning to us, as does the boat name...

At this point, I volunteer the use of FC as well for the Ladies Convention. It needs to be 3 days at least though. Its a hell of a weekend to travel 100 miles in Transit and also go sailing for fun in between.

Sixpence

Visit site
and now , worryingly , you know who is going to sign up and start posting but she's not going to tell me what name she's going to use , count me in for any future trips though and when I get mine the fleet will be up by one more

Laurin

Visit site
Re: Girls weekend Orwell 23/09/2006

If this is going to be a girlie flotilla we need to find some more girlie skippers!!!! - Anybody????

chris505

Visit site

Count us in, Three girlie's one boat and room for one more. just let us us know when.

Goldfish

Visit site

Well I'm astounded at the response my monolog has had, I've never seen so many posts by women it's nice to know there are others who obviously identify with our fears. Hope you are up for another girls weekend. I don't know how I feel about going up the mast even if you do demonstrate Karen, I found dangling over the side in Jims manover board contraption scarey enough and I was only 6ft off the mud!!

MrsMagnaCarter

Visit site

There must be some female skippers out there Karen......Lynne for starters!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sixpence

Visit site

I'll leave you to persuade Louise to join in , PM if you want here e mail , then you and Goldfish and Vreny can work on her together /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

old_salt

Visit site

I have met a good number of lady sailer's in the past some very experienced, so go for it girls.
Don't let the fellas run you down Good luck.

Melody

www.aegeansailingschool.com

Fancy coming out to Greece for a girlie cruise here? I sailed with 5 friends in the Ionian about 8 years ago and have been intending to sail with just women for a week here but have never had time. Would be great to get two boats - I could skipper one if you can bring another skipper for the other.

Happy to plan something for 2007. Just think - NO WATERPROOFS OR BIG FLEECES NEEDED.

PM me if you are interested.