Finished paying the boat off today!

fredrussell

Visit site
Borrowed a hefty amount of cash a while back and bought the boat I had hankered after for a fair few years previously whilst learning to sail. After scrimping and saving and paying every spare penny possible for 15 months and living like a monk (made easier by COVID funnily enough) I made last repayment today. I’m chuffed to bits.
For my sins (and they must have been bad) I work in the construction industry - think mud and graft- and there were many times when I had to resort to looking at a photo of the boat during tea-breaks to summon the will to keep going!
So apologies for the self-congratulatory nature of this, but well done me! Seldom was a boat worked so hard for. Had a celebratory sail today and conditions were perfect. Sun out, warm, a nice stiff breeze and had the Orwell pretty much to myself. Perfect.

Seastoke

Visit site
Borrowed a hefty amount of cash a while back and bought the boat I had hankered after for a fair few years previously whilst learning to sail. After scrimping and saving and paying every spare penny possible for 15 months and living like a monk (made easier by COVID funnily enough) I made last repayment today. I’m chuffed to bits.
For my sins (and they must have been bad) I work in the construction industry - think mud and graft- and there were many times when I had to resort to looking at a photo of the boat during tea-breaks to summon the will to keep going!
So apologies for the self-congratulatory nature of this, but well done me! Seldom was a boat worked so hard for. Had a celebratory sail today and conditions were perfect. Sun out, warm, a nice stiff breeze and had the Orwell pretty much to myself. Perfect.
Well done , years ago I used to borrow for a car after the last payment it was scrap, I don’t mean boats are , you can sail with a smile.

harvey38

Visit site
Well done, it's quite disconcerting taking a boat on at first but great when you make that final payment that cements the initial decision. Result, many more years of happy boating ahead ???????

NotBirdseye

Visit site
There's a weight off your mind ?
I had a 'Marine Mortgage' over five years for my first sailing boat, does anyone still use them?

Me! Regret it kinda...(maybe not but the APR leaves a bad taste). Unfortunately the stars didn't align nicely... the boat did... but while I would have otherwise had the finance available I had a gap in cashflow at the time (due primarily to banks clamming up on Covid...).