Expedition to the Edge

Halo

Visit site
Have you seen it on Discovery Channel. Amazing insight into rough, low cost maintenance of a big old ferro yacht and an amazing journey.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Their website is: Infinity - Infinity Expedition

I thought the boat had changed hands a few years ago, but it seems not - if you use the wayback machine to view previous versions of the site (2015 - 2018?) then you should be able see their adventures crossing the Pacific, which I found much more appealing. I think they used to solicit backpackers as crew.

KevO

Visit site
I couldn't sail with that skipper for an extended period though and having young screaming kids running about for months on end would do my nut, imagine having to over winter aboard if they had got stuck!

Refueler

Visit site
I commend people for their drive and ideas ... but when its hardly known about ... it fails to deliver its message or purpose.

Why not promote their cause in a more public way ? Seems a way to just satisfy a personal endeavour ... bit like small communes that do nothing for their surroundings ...

Sorry but that's my view on it.

Skylark

Visit site
I couldn't sail with that skipper for an extended period though and having young screaming kids running about for months on end would do my nut, imagine having to over winter aboard if they had got stuck!
The series was broadcast on Freeview a while ago. I was strangely drawn to it but completely agree with your sentiment.