Chartplotter Upgrade (of sorts)

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Yes, its a fairly old model now but seems plenty good enough for what I want. At least it has a big screen, one of the other boats I looked at had a small (7 inch I think) Raymarine unit. I'd need binoculars to see that with my eyesight.
I wasn't knocking it, just thought it might be the reason for the discounts, i may of course be wrong. I have one on the flybridge myself and i'm very happy with it.

How much did you pay for yours, if you don't mind ?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
My flybridge unit (the RL70c) is old and small and in the bright sunlight, I have to admit or navigating it's not ideal. I'm not too concerned about it being the latest 'state of the art' equipment. If it's 'good enough' for me then I'm happy. The resolution looks pretty clear so if I can somehow try one somewhere to see how the controls respond etc then it may sway me..

Oddly I just looked at CactusNav again and yesterday it was 1401 quid or so.. Today it's 2303 so not quite the great day as 24 hours ago.
Anything near £1401 is a mistake on somebodies part. With the discounts i could probably have supplied one for £1900, today, i could squeeze £2200, never been able to even buy one for £1400, even ex VAT.

Fire99

Visit site
Anything near £1401 is a mistake on somebodies part. With the discounts i could probably have supplied one for £1900, today, i could squeeze £2200, never been able to even buy one for £1400, even ex VAT.
I did wonder. I guess Cactus made a boo-boo. It's still £1401 in the google search but climbs over £2k when you click on the link..
2200 is squeezing the pot a bit far at the mo but I'm not in a desperate hurry and it's early days in the fact-finding exercise, unless I stumble on some amazing deal that I can't refuse.. :D

Gustywinds

Visit site
I wasn't knocking it, just thought it might be the reason for the discounts, i may of course be wrong. I have one on the flybridge myself and i'm very happy with it.

How much did you pay for yours, if you don't mind ?
It’s a bit complicated as the supplier is also fitting it and some other electrical/electronic upgrades but the invoice price for the 1223 and the GMR18HD sonar bundle is 4500 Euro which matched what Marine Superstore were offering.

harvey38

Visit site
Have you used one ? Any good ?
Yes, good piece of kit but takes some working out as it is initially set up with a lap top. I have got voltage x 2, fuel x 2, eng. temp. x2 on my MFDs so far, I have yet to add RPM and oil pressure.

I've just started my new console upgrade using a 16" MFD for the plotter and radar and two 5.7" MFDs, one for each engine plus a 9" for the upper helm so it's all a bit overwhelming for me at the moment🙈

Fire99

Visit site
Yes, good piece of kit but takes some working out as it is initially set up with a lap top. I have got voltage x 2, fuel x 2, eng. temp. x2 on my MFDs so far, I have yet to add RPM and oil pressure.

I've just started my new console upgrade using a 16" MFD for the plotter and radar and two 5.7" MFDs, one for each engine plus a 9" for the upper helm so it's all a bit overwhelming for me at the moment🙈
What are you using for you MFD's?