Eberspacher problems

oldgit

Visit site
After last delivery of diesel to club tank , complaints from those who have topped up boat tanks from that batch, having problems with their Eber diesel heaters.
One skipper called in the local Eber dealer and ended up spending several hundred getting it going again , failed again within a day or two. Another call out resulted in the pump being changed .
On the third call out the mender blamed fuel.
Remote tank with garage purchased white was then tried. No reports of problems since but heater is know connected back to main tank.
Another skipper then subsquently gave an account of his Eber failing, again due to fuel.
The Eber agent suggested that the recent low temperatures (when you might want to use your heater) combined with the vegetable ? oil in diesel is causing the fuel in long runs of the thin pipe from tank to heater to solidify and not reaching the heater.
Only small number of complaints and mostly scuttlebutt... but do wonder if a few problems are being caused.

Momac

Visit site
After last delivery of diesel to club tank , complaints from those who have topped up boat tanks from that batch, having problems with their Eber diesel heaters.
One skipper called in the local Eber dealer and ended up spending several hundred getting it going again , failed again within a day or two. Another call out resulted in the pump being changed .
Remote tank with garage purchased white was then tried. No reports of problems since but heater is know connected back to main tank.
Another skipper then subsquently gave an account of his Eber failing, again due to fuel.
The Eber agent suggested that the recent low temperatures (when you might want to use your heater) combined with the vegetable ? oil in diesel is causing the fuel in long runs of the thin pipe from tank to heater to solidify and not reaching the heater.
Only small number of complaints and mostly scuttlebutt... but do wonder if a few problems are being caused.

Are you not concerned this batch of fuel may lead to engine issues ?

oldgit

Visit site
Are you not concerned this batch of fuel may lead to engine issues ?

Only complaints about Eber heaters not working , no reports so far of any propulsion problems.
Nada from Chinaspatcher users, this might simply due to the fact they are either not using their heaters or have not bunkered from this batch of fuel.
Around 12 boats out for a pre season whizz yesterday, all made it back to moorings.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
My Chinese heater has worked perfectly every time I've been to my boat since layup last October. ĪBut I always use white diesel as my local boatyard doesn't sell red to leisure boaters.

jon and michie

Visit site
Don't knock the eber too much, for all we know is the OP's problem could be that it's is too warm. :)
I'm in no way knocking eber - it is each to their own on what they use for heating - I just find it more amusing that all the bad press about Chinese heaters and yet here we are and its a "quality Build" heater that is having problems.

penfold

Visit site
FAME is the offender.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I'm in no way knocking eber - it is each to their own on what they use for heating - I just find it more amusing that all the bad press about Chinese heaters and yet here we are and its a "quality Build" heater that is having problems.

If you look back at this forum there are countless issues with ever and web. Nor so with the China

Daydream believer

Visit site
If you look back at this forum there are countless issues with ever and web. Nor so with the China
Well I have one in my workshop. It gives out very little heat & burns fuel like there is no tomorrow. I have to use my calor radiant heater - which has a far better output- to get the workshop up to a reasonable temp - which it does fairly quickly. Then use the chinese one to hold it at that temp, for a while then give it a burst of the calor again if it gets cold. I think the diesel one is dearer, but calor not always obtainable, so I tend to use it less.
I am far from impressed with it