Dragonfly tri on youtube

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Interview with winner RTI race and film sailing……Was that our member?
Not me. I have a 920. A little bigger than that one, but very similar. We didn’t enter this year as the helm has just had a hip replacement. There is a brief clip of a 920 like mine at about 1.30. Blue graphics. Mine is grey though.

Last edited:

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I have to say, I do rather like the Dragonfly 25. Shame it's into 6 figures for one.
You do get 3 boats for that though!

The price of new Dragonflys is horrific I admit, we paid enough for a slightly down at heel second hand one, and have now spent nearly as much again. And don’t expect relief after that, a new main is really going to sting. But, we have a 30ft boat that’s comfortable to sail 2 handed but is about equivalent on the water to a very racy 50 footer with 12 guys on the rail. All while drinking tea and chatting, in the dry. It’s a lot for people to take in, but they really are that good. I took some DF newbies out a couple of weeks ago, it was F5, a few gusts higher. A reef in the main, and the lady took the helm. We spent 20 minutes with the log not dropping below 13 knots, max about 17. They were expecting white knuckles, it’s quite serene most of the time, like that 25 on youtube.

Bobc

Visit site
You do get 3 boats for that though!

The price of new Dragonflys is horrific I admit, we paid enough for a slightly down at heel second hand one, and have now spent nearly as much again. And don’t expect relief after that, a new main is really going to sting. But, we have a 30ft boat that’s comfortable to sail 2 handed but is about equivalent on the water to a very racy 50 footer with 12 guys on the rail. All while drinking tea and chatting, in the dry. It’s a lot for people to take in, but they really are that good. I took some DF newbies out a couple of weeks ago, it was F5, a few gusts higher. A reef in the main, and the lady took the helm. We spent 20 minutes with the log not dropping below 13 knots, max about 17. They were expecting white knuckles, it’s quite serene most of the time, like that 25 on youtube.
I've had a go on a racing cat doing 20kts, and it's quite impressive. Just can't justify six figures for a weekend toy.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I've had a go on a racing cat doing 20kts, and it's quite impressive. Just can't justify six figures for a weekend toy.
Neither can we. Hence the secondhand one. We used to have an 800, years back. Not sure if that is measurably slower than the newer 25. They change hands for 20k quite often. By YBW standards, that’s still a lot, I suppose, for a 20 year old 4 berth pocket cruiser with no heads.

MikeBz

Visit site
If money were no object I'd have a high-quality monohull yacht in the 40-50ft range (Bowman 45, mmmmmm) for weeks-at-a-time cruising and a DragonFly for zipping around our local coast from creek to creek. Dream on!

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
If money were no object I'd have a high-quality monohull yacht in the 40-50ft range (Bowman 45, mmmmmm) for weeks-at-a-time cruising and a DragonFly for zipping around our local coast from creek to creek. Dream on!
Indeed. We opted for the bigger Dragonfly not because it is faster, but to compromise and have a bit of space for cruising. The little ones are definitely more ‘direct’ and satisfying to sail. Having said that, my newbies had a 50 footer, and thought the 920 felt like sailing a 49er😁

Bobc

Visit site
Neither can we. Hence the secondhand one. We used to have an 800, years back. Not sure if that is measurably slower than the newer 25. They change hands for 20k quite often. By YBW standards, that’s still a lot, I suppose, for a 20 year old 4 berth pocket cruiser with no heads.
Hmm. Didn't know about the 800. That could work.

Cora Love

Visit site
Not me. I have a 920. A little bigger than that one, but ver
Interview with winner RTI race and film sailing……Was that our member?

Not me. I have a 920. A little bigger than that one, but very similar. We didn’t enter this year as the helm has just had a hip replacement. There is a brief clip of a 920 like mine at about 1.30. Blue graphics. Mine is grey though modilimitado

Wansworth

Visit site
Not me. I have a 920. A little bigger than that one, but ver

Not me. I have a 920. A little bigger than that one, but very similar. We didn’t enter this year as the helm has just had a hip replacement. There is a brief clip of a 920 like mine at about 1.30. Blue graphics. Mine is grey though modilimitado
Welcome to the forum,I believe there are members with double boats……..and triple😳