Which Marina is this

Refueler

Visit site
Could it be possible that the Photograph is reversed ? if you get my gist

Not unusual for Smartphones to reverse images .... I often have to reverse photos and videos from smartphone ....

There is a setting you can tick to supposedly correct this when photo is taken .. but I've found its not always successful.

The Marina photo had me wondering because I know Port Solent very well .. in fact many years ago - I was on the short list to be Manager .. I jokingly answered the advertisement in the local rag - never thinking it would get anywhere .. I was asked to an interview and later advised I was on the final shortlist. I knew a lot of the Trade guys there - one in particular asked me if I shook hands in a funny way .. he reckoned that would be a factor !

But back to the photo ... I felt that the roof's in relation to the building on left were wrong way round .. but problem is PS has so many corners etc. who knows.
I too looked at Google Earth and could not place the spot - its why I mentioned it.

stelican

Visit site
mmm mystery continues ...

Hopefully someone will manage to pinpoint the location of the photo.

J and M - do you have a copy of the original photo - not the online version ? Maybe you can look at the internal data as that can give you Lat Long - time etc ..
Well as I said much earlier the Photo looking rearward is taken from the boat looking westward to the craneage dock.
No doubts about it.
If someone would like to post a plan of the moorings I will tell you the pontoon and berth.
It's not that difficult😴

jon and michie

Visit site
Well as I said much earlier the Photo looking rearward is taken from the boat looking westward to the craneage dock.
No doubts about it.
If someone would like to post a plan of the moorings I will tell you the pontoon and berth.
It's not that difficult😴
Its Not That Critical - Just wanted to know if anyone knew which marina it was but I take it you've been there?

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
No doubts about it.
It's not that difficult😴
Look at my link for Google Maps Sat. image ;) (y)
Google Maps

Last edited:

jon and michie

Visit site
Also interested ... just for sake of it.
looking at the picture with the Fairline in on the Top left side there is a few layers of white which could correspond to a car park opposite then the greenery further to the right - that might give the location more prospective.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
looking at the picture with the Fairline in on the Top left side there is a few layers of white which could correspond to a car park opposite then the greenery further to the right - that might give the location more prospective.
If I could post a picture without having to re size it I could show you the exact place it’s located .
I’m afraid this forum is in the dark ages when you compare how easy it is to place pictures on other social media platforms , as I’ve said before I could post a lot on here about my daily work if it were a lot easier .

Refueler

Visit site
If I could post a picture without having to re size it I could show you the exact place it’s located .
I’m afraid this forum is in the dark ages when you compare how easy it is to place pictures on other social media platforms , as I’ve said before I could post a lot on here about my daily work if it were a lot easier .

No need to resize if you use a hosting site such as IMGUR .. its free so ??

I find this forum is not different to most other forums I am on ...

billskip

Visit site
No need to resize if you use a hosting site such as IMGUR .. its free so ??

I find this forum is not different to most other forums I am on ...
Don't know if you remember, but size reduction was requested many years ago due to people putting ginormous photos and others complaining about the time and data used to view...these days with faster and more economic Internet it's now being criticised again.....

jon and michie

Visit site
The Thing is the marina has been Identified - Do we really need to know the exact location I showed the picture which has the T43 in it -as the background added more of an idea and the No Boat names shown etc.
Maybe the Owner wouldn't want his Boat name on the net in this way.