What happened to the quadcopters??

jfm

Visit site
:confused:

It's pretty rare that a thread gets pulled in these relaxed and accommodating parts of the forum?
I've no idea z1ppy. There was some argy bargy 2/3rds through and I lost interest in it then for the most part. During the last weekend there was an excellent Youtube linked to by The Pie Connoisseur, but I have no idea what prompted the pull

DAKA

Visit site
I've no idea z1ppy. There was some argy bargy 2/3rds through and I lost interest in it then for the most part. During the last weekend there was an excellent Youtube linked to by The Pie Connoisseur, but I have no idea what prompted the pull

Sorry jfm, I fear my complaint at one of the posters may have prompted it although I only asked for a relatively small section to be modified.

You saw the nasty undertone thread spawned.
There were 8 members involved in the NUTS
At least 3 were being deliberately abrasive looking for trouble.
7 of the 8 had met either JB34 or myself
4 or more had met both of us
Only JB34 and Volvopaul had the integrity to post to confirm I wasnt posting as both.

Last edited:

AdeOlly

Visit site
I only saw the first couple of dozen posts on the quadcopters thread; I was going to look at the rest when I had some spare time. What on earth happened? Have I missed some classic winter forum argy-bargy worthy of a sit down with popcorn and beer?
Worth a cached Google search?

Last edited:

z1ppy

Visit site
Ah well.. Maybe the pie eater (no offence implied or intended ;)) could repost the clip as I saw it on my phone but couldn't see the video.

Hope the flying practice is progressing well without destruction of life or property and we can look forward to some "forum readers spot the boat" type threads in the coming months.

DAKA

Visit site
I dont think there were any juicy bits to see.

An honest mistake was made by a forum 'troll hunter' who thought I was Happy1 :rolleyes:

Some then decided to join in without engaging brain first, even when several were sent pm proof of their error they still refused to apologise, a simple post amendment would have sufficed.
After several days of unanswered polite pms the moderators were asked to delete sections of the thread.

Why do we see so many long arguments/threads but so few apologies on the forum ?

Of course there may well be more to this , perhaps others on the thread had good reason to see it vanish in order to avoid embarrassment.

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
Sorry jfm, I fear my complaint at one of the posters may have prompted it although I only asked for a relatively small section to be modified.

You saw the nasty undertone thread spawned.
There were 8 members involved in the NUTS
At least 3 were being deliberately abrasive looking for trouble.
7 of the 8 had met either JB34 or myself
4 or more had met both of us
Only JB34 and Volvopaul had the integrity to post to confirm I wasnt posting as both.
Daka I got your PM t'other day asking me to say you are not Happy1. Sorry not to have replied; I've been busy and it was a bit complex (as is your post above - i have no idea who the "8" are and have no care). I don't think it's my job/place/right to make a statement saying you are not Happy1 or whoever. I don't think you are and have never thought that, but I don't sit as judge and if someone wants to think you are happy1 then there's little I can do about it. I can say I disagree, which I do, but that's all.

But I do think there is a lot of hotness under collar going on here about quite trivial stuff. Tis only a forum :)

Best wishes

DAKA

Visit site
This is getting messy now, in the interest of forum harmony Im trying not to identify the culprit, certainly wasnt you !

However, thanks for your concern.

Last edited:

jrudge

Visit site
I only saw a video of a camera hurtling towards a mast and then hitting it. It had me in stitches so not sure what happened after that. Reminded me of flying a friends remote control spitfire. It was his first RC model and was huge - about 4 feet long. On the day I was thrust the controls as I had a pilots licence it was decided I could fly this thing ( huge error) It took off, climbed vertically, hovered on its prop for some 10 seconds before falling form the sky in a heap of balsa wood. Oh dear. He did forgive me!

DAKA

Visit site
I only saw a video of a camera hurtling towards a mast and then hitting it. It had me in stitches so not sure what happened after that. Reminded me of flying a friends remote control spitfire. It took off, climbed vertically, hovered on its prop for some 10 seconds before falling form the sky in a heap of balsa wood.

Funny you mention the WWII connection as the original video reminded me of V2 Rockets armed with Lipo incendiary packs aimed at the raggies ..........

Not meant as a serious post :rolleyes:

henryf

www.911virgin.com
So, how does the chap film such long flights using the quad ?

I have seen some people using glasses and a virtual point of view or was he following in a vehicle?

Either way this seems the way to go. No steering inputs to upset the camera, just a flowing steady image. They don't like to change direction, it upsets the camera too much.

Henry

jfm

Visit site
So, how does the chap film such long flights using the quad ?

I have seen some people using glasses and a virtual point of view or was he following in a vehicle?

Either way this seems the way to go. No steering inputs to upset the camera, just a flowing steady image. They don't like to change direction, it upsets the camera too much.

Henry
I reckoned he was in a car following it Henry. He was flying in ATII mode which switches off some of the GPS autopilot functions and makes it fly steadier - it only twitches when the a/pilot makes a correction. Hence it was a very smooth video. Would be fun to do a copycat with a boat underway