Voilent incident on the folly pontoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elessar

Visit site
We are at the folly for four days attending the IOW festival.

I missed the incident but saw a video of it.

In summary from what I saw (if anyone knows better correct me).

Targa 40 [edit apparently it may not have been a targa as I was told by the guy who saw/videod it - it was a white hulled 40 ish sport cruiser] out of control and at excessive speed in the river.

Hit a moored boat a merry fisher I think 6 or 7 times.

Punched owner of that boat to the ground on the pontoon and started kicking him. Folly boat staff seemed to break that up.

At some point someone fell in the water.

Harbour master came and targa tried to get away. Hitting one HM boat and being corralled by another.

Boxed in by HM boats at Kingston and eventually led away in handcuffs.

And to think I was paying for entertainment and missed it! Seriously I hope all involved were OK.

Last edited:
Visit site
I assume the mayday outside portsmouth yesterday due to lady not being able to control the boat on one engine was the same boat, she did admit on the vhf her husband had been arrested in cowes! Was wondering what happened!

Elessar

Visit site
Is this a wind up surely she wouldn’t have gone to sea if she was unable to drive the boat .
Rumour was an engine was lost. It was a white hulled boat couldn’t read the name.

Apparently two ladies on the boat stormed off but dints get far as they were not on a walk ashore. So they stripped off and tried to swim to the folly. I don’t see the video of this bit!

Last edited:
Visit site
Thinking about it I don't think it was a mayday, but they did call the coastguard on 16 outside portsmouth yesterday afternoon due to 1 (out of 2) engine failure. Coastguard advised sea start but did end up launching gosport lifeboat to bring them in. No critism, it did sound like they needed help. It just made me laugh when they admitted husband was arrested in cowes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other threads that may be of interest