US boating forums

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Yo petem

Sadly suspect it's all too real. Actually met someone who talks like this....worked for a company I was in a few years ago. He'd was sitting at a table at dinner with a bunch of cynical and jaded UK employees.

We were doing the usual popping off at senior management, when he suddenly started telling the story of how he and his wife had 14 children between them (previous marriages I guess? no one dared ask!) and how when they'd had a new baby, he'd written to the COO saying how happy he was for his new child to join the extended family that the company was to him. COO had written a personal cheque for $15,000 with a hand written note saying how pleased he was to welcome a new member into the company fold.

All this with tears in his eyes, and the fervour of an evangelical preacher.

Conversation for the rest of the meal was stilted to say the least!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Many thanks for all the suggestions. I was looking for US Fairline owners but it appears that the only US owner has already registered on my site!

I also made the big mistake of posting a message on 'rec.boats' and 'uk.rec.boats.power'. Since then I have been bombarded with e-mails of the unsavoury kind . If they're looking to sell pecker enlargement pills then they've picked the wrong man!

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.FairlineOwnersClub.com>Fairline Owner's Club</A>