That was steep

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Been in Brixham for a few days at a Rally. Left the little 4.5 m rib in MDL Brixham for 8 days. It was £206 which I thought was rather steep to be honest. What day you lot think.

I paid for 5m as this is the minimum which is fair enough

andy59

Visit site
Let's face it, everywhere is getting "Steep", as harbour authorities and marina co's need to satisfy the financial demands of a dwindling economic environment . Wealthy boat owner's have bottomless pocket's dontcha know ;)

stelican

Visit site
Not saying that is good value but daily launching charge £18 plus trailer parking .
£20 per day marina charge with facilities and maybe parking seems best choice

Bouba

Visit site
Not saying that is good value but daily launching charge £18 plus trailer parking .
£20 per day marina charge with facilities and maybe parking seems best choice
Ahhh....if BigPlumbs fee includes car and trailer parking then it’s not so unreasonable

Bouba

Visit site
Yachting has always been for the rich .We have been through a period were the working poor got above their station but now it looks like things are returning to normal .
Don’t get me started on the working poor nor their bosses, the working lower middle classes 🤷‍♂️🤔😳😱🤣😂

Momac

Visit site
Yachting has always been for the rich .We have been through a period were the working poor got above their station but now it looks like things are returning to normal .
Other activities have increased in price significantly eg caravans, motorhomes , hotels and holidays abroad.
Although boating is expensive I am sure the alternatives are not cheap.

Alicatt

Visit site
Looks expensive from our point of view.
Around here the tariffs are roughly:
Up to 8m expect to pay around €12 per day, plus electricity at €0.50 per kWh + water at €3 per 250litre
9m and over €1.2 per meter per day

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Ahhh....if BigPlumbs fee includes car and trailer parking then it’s not so unreasonable
It did not include trailer or car parking. We left the trailer at the camp site. Parking was £10.50 a day and the launch was £18 which seems to have included pulling it out also. No idea how much trailer parking was

Seastoke

Visit site
Plumbs what you forget the staff for 24hr security , the maintenance of the jetties, the water bill, the electricity to hot the water and lights , the rates,
Also to make a profit out of your twenty qwid , it would be easier to say we don’t want you. Just saying.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Plumbs what you forget the staff for 24hr security , the maintenance of the jetties, the water bill, the electricity to hot the water and lights , the rates,
Also to make a profit out of your twenty qwid , it would be easier to say we don’t want you. Just saying.
I just thought it was expensive and will make me think twice next time