Southampton Boat Show

MapisM

Visit site
I honestly don't think we need to live life by mobile phone and invent Apps for the simplest of things
Amen to that, 'fiuaskme.
But we can't forget that the company with the highest capitalization in this planet became what it is exactly by inventing things that nobody in their right mind would have thought we needed to live life... :rolleyes:

Blue Sunray

Visit site
I see you, and I raise you... Two years ago, a shortlist of two builders, AS being one of them. Three hour factory visit, Guernsey, we weren't even offered a glass of water, let alone a cup of tea. Guess what... We didn't buy from AS... I didn't want a red carpet, but a hot drink on a cold winters day would be nice.

As I said in my earlier comment Geoff just doesn't seem interested in selling boats (for starters if he was they might have a website that didn't look like a failed fifth form IT project) I've no idea of the company's finances, ownership or business model but the more I see of them the more surprised I am that they are still going. I'm guessing they have sufficient work to tick along and he's happy with that. Nothing wrong with the basic product indeed in some ways it is very good indeed (for about 2005), but I very much doubt I'd buy a new Aquastar (ATM Hardy and Elling are on the list though).

paul salliss

Visit site
As I said in my earlier comment Geoff just doesn't seem interested in selling boats (for starters if he was they might have a website that didn't look like a failed fifth form IT project) I've no idea of the company's finances, ownership or business model but the more I see of them the more surprised I am that they are still going. I'm guessing they have sufficient work to tick along and he's happy with that. Nothing wrong with the basic product indeed in some ways it is very good indeed (for about 2005), but I very much doubt I'd buy a new Aquastar (ATM Hardy and Elling are on the list though).

I could not have summarised it better myself. I have been to the Channel Islands twice in the last couple of years and perhaps it's just a island cultural thing as while I like Guernsey it's a bit 1956. I would buy an Aquastar, maybe......but your note was well worded

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Once again I see there is no map of the show on the SIBS website. Just another wheeze to sell the punter a show guide I presume. Rip off Britain strikes again

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Ok, I didnt really expect you to have. My point was you really dont need a guide, everything is where it always was

Yes I realised that but I was looking for info on the catering facilities in order to suggest a place to meet!

Whitelighter

Visit site
Yes I realised that but I was looking for info on the catering facilities in order to suggest a place to meet!

Ah, see email. They have created a few areas where all the stands are, usual one by the gate to Sunseeker, one in the middle by ocean hall and one at the ferry entrance. There is then a bistro at that end as well and the Rya restaurant at the holiday inn

paul salliss

Visit site
No but you said you were on the same wavelength as Paul Saliss who said "They are selling a boat that does not fit with GB boating very well in my humble opinion, for example when I see a large sun pad at the aft section of a boat, I just think.......why?"

If there's another point you were trying to make then I'm afraid I didn't get it.

What I saw at the boat show was a huge variety of boats to suit all tastes and the industry should be applauded for that. I'll happily admit that the ones with the big sun-pads are the ones I aspire to. But I can understand that type of boating isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Pete

Hey James. / Firefly. I just had a thought. Those sun pads do have a use I was wrong. You could put a clothes horse on it and dry your washing as that would look nice. Or personally I would place a grow bag on it and in no time you would have some lovely tomatoes growing in your boat / conservatory.

girlofwight

Visit site
Incredible. But at the end of the day you ended up with a lovely Hardy 42, no regrets there I'm sure.

Yes, a lovely Hardy 42 with no regrets, even if you did describe it as a Party Boat 2 years ago :)

If budget allows, Hardy 42

Just have a look, they have a sold boat on show, bit of a party boat spec, but just shows what complete customization you can get with a Hardy.

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?408118-SIBS-40-45ft-options&p=4930031#post4930031

Just saying you know :)

(PS two years on, and never had a party in board)

Firefly625

Visit site
Yes, a lovely Hardy 42 with no regrets, even if you did describe it as a Party Boat 2 years ago :)

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?408118-SIBS-40-45ft-options&p=4930031#post4930031

Just saying you know :)

(PS two years on, and never had a party in board)

Oh, that was YOUR 42!! Tbh I would still describe it as a party boat. 42 ft and just a double cabin... it's extravagant and slightly crazy but also wonderful to have a boat exactly as you want. Brilliant.... No offence meant!

rafiki_

Visit site
Had a great day at the show yesterday, and viewed all the boats I wanted to, no problems with gatekeepers. Disappointing to see the rise of the IKEA interiors. Worst culprit was the Asi Aquaris 43. This was so disappointing, and the show staff were a bit embarrassed by it, however, selling well on the Med! Interior upgrade planned for Jan next year. The 55S on the other hand looked fantastic. All the right Azi features.
Great to see Fairline so well represented. The 53 Open looks a rally nice boat, and great to see the show boat finished, as some of us witnessed it as a bare hull a few months ago. The garage lifting mechanism is a work of engineering art. I didn't think the master cabin warranted so much contempt either, as it would work for me. The Squaddie 65 upgrades looked great too. Order books full through to mid next year, new 53 Squaddie next, then the completely new boats to follow. The guys at Oundle have worked so hard to get Fairline back up and running, and hats off to them.
Loved the Prinny 75, and 49, although I'm no lover of IPS drives, so the 49 won't be on my wish list. Loved the Broom 37, quality boat. Also liked the Bav E40 as a river boat. Great layout, with 3 good cabins in a 40 ft boat.
Loved the Bali 40 Cat (sailor). Could see us going this way at some point in the future. The layout is fantastic, so much usable space.
Nice to see Claire and Neale on Motorboat Owner. I love this read. Well done to them!
In all, a great day. Only disappointment was the YBW fridge was off limits. Come back Richard. ��

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
was the Asi Aquaris 43.
The 55S on the other hand looked fantastic. All the right Azi features.

What is the Asi Aquaris 43? Or you mean the Atlantis 43?
55S is best selling sport yacht in its size but also very expensive. Not much loved in the Med especially by Italians, but in America it sells very good.
Used ones are also get fast sales and good return which is a bit unthinkable in this market.
50 sold in first year production I was told and now going over one hundred. Not bad when its starts from 1.1 million EUROS. So it is also one of the most expensive of its size and type.

Time Out

Visit site
Had a great day at the show yesterday, and viewed all the boats I wanted to, no problems with gatekeepers. Disappointing to see the rise of the IKEA interiors. Worst culprit was the Asi Aquaris 43. This was so disappointing, and the show staff were a bit embarrassed by it, however, selling well on the Med! Interior upgrade planned for Jan next year. The 55S on the other hand looked fantastic. All the right Azi features.
Great to see Fairline so well represented. The 53 Open looks a rally nice boat, and great to see the show boat finished, as some of us witnessed it as a bare hull a few months ago. The garage lifting mechanism is a work of engineering art. I didn't think the master cabin warranted so much contempt either, as it would work for me. The Squaddie 65 upgrades looked great too. Order books full through to mid next year, new 53 Squaddie next, then the completely new boats to follow. The guys at Oundle have worked so hard to get Fairline back up and running, and hats off to them.
Loved the Prinny 75, and 49, although I'm no lover of IPS drives, so the 49 won't be on my wish list. Loved the Broom 37, quality boat. Also liked the Bav E40 as a river boat. Great layout, with 3 good cabins in a 40 ft boat.
Loved the Bali 40 Cat (sailor). Could see us going this way at some point in the future. The layout is fantastic, so much usable space.
Nice to see Claire and Neale on Motorboat Owner. I love this read. Well done to them!
In all, a great day. Only disappointment was the YBW fridge was off limits. Come back Richard. ��

rafiki_

Visit site
What is the Asi Aquaris 43? Or you mean the Atlantis 43?
55S is best selling sport yacht in its size but also very expensive. Not much loved in the Med especially by Italians, but in America it sells very good.
Used ones are also get fast sales and good return which is a bit unthinkable in this market.
50 sold in first year production I was told and now going over one hundred. Not bad when its starts from 1.1 million EUROS. So it is also one of the most expensive of its size and type.
Yes, you are correct. Apologies, should go back and check what the iPad has "corrected" ��
55S is a lovely boat, as are most Azis. The Atlantis was very disappointing, but apparently selling well, as it is very well priced.