Southampton Boat Show

lionelz

Visit site
Well just come back from my second visit to the show this year. Thought it was good as I got lots of my questioned answered and also came away with a new electric motor for my tender so well chuffed. I thought generally speaking most staff were helpful, I went on the fairline stand on both my visits although it can be off putting with staff at the entrance I understand why they are there and in fairness they helped me when I got in. It's a shame the same could not be said about the prestige stand. It was completely fenced of with 5 staff stood at the front behind the ropes packing something (was early in day. I was stood in front of them they looked at me and completely ignored me and carried on doing whatever they were doing. Not even can I help you! I made a very loud derogative comment which they heard which made them look up and then I walked away. If I was in for buying a new boat it would not have been one of theirs this year!! Appalling! Maybe I just got them at the wrong time. I thought the marex were great boats and will definitely consider one for my next boat, well made good value and great layout for the size of the boats

Last edited:

girlofwight

Visit site
Oh, that was YOUR 42!! Tbh I would still describe it as a party boat. 42 ft and just a double cabin... it's extravagant and slightly crazy but also wonderful to have a boat exactly as you want. Brilliant.... No offence meant!

No offence taken. I would say floating weekend cottage rather than party boat, as we are not party people...

A trade off between a second cabin that's only ever used as a dumping ground, and more living space. Living space won. YOLO etc.