So who is where in the VOR game?

Frontier

Visit site
I seem to have dropped to 14450, I didn't notice the authorisation email, it seemed to let me start racing right away. I am assuming its because I then ran the authorisation. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Whitelighter

Visit site
Aha, spotted a major bug in the positions calculator.

your distance to the finish (and therefor your position) is measured AS THE CROW FLIES and not sea miles. that is why the leaders are at the bottom of the course. To make speed through the gap at Gib they will fall behind as they come up.

Spyro

Visit site
Failed to start. i've decided to stick to Sailonline. I was in 1st place 10 mins after the start decided on a slight change of course. Slip of the finger, put in 280 instead of 180 and dropped about 350 places. managed to get back to 126 now.
What great fun!

DavenHelen

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
how the hell are you ahead of me? You are definitly behind me on the chart????

[/ QUOTE ]

I think positions are based on Great Circle distance to the finish. Hence all those about to run into Africa are in the lead.

Whitelighter

Visit site
Pinnacle on Isabelle is doing very well, made up about 12 miles on me overnight and I reckon we are both pretty close to the front of the pack.

Cant see how hes done it, i was making 24knts stright to Gib before I went to bed. Good tactics whatever he did.