Snapshot of Market.

oldgit

Visit site
Aware of possibly the greatest number of boats probably and definately up for sale with brokers .
Mostly between 10 -13 metres , twin flybridge diesels and command bridge Brooms all on shafts.
Late 1980s to 2000s.
Folks retiring due to age, some moving elsewhere, very few up grading.
Looking at the broker listings, Covid pricing still much in evidence and boats languishing unsold as result ?
Anything decent and well priced will sell, well found Princess 35 listed and sold within a few days. (Subject to survey)
Definatly a shakeout under way and the end of an era.

Last edited:

jon and michie

Visit site
Agreed on the pricing - as I posted earlier this week I'm after a targa 43 and there is one on the south coast for sale for nearly a year now but owner doesn't keep service history and the price is right up and never been reduced over the time.
Which could that be down to the broker not advising or the owner not wanting to budge - who knows.
Jon

Bouba

Visit site
Agreed on the pricing - as I posted earlier this week I'm after a targa 43 and there is one on the south coast for sale for nearly a year now but owner doesn't keep service history and the price is right up and never been reduced over the time.
Which could that be down to the broker not advising or the owner not wanting to budge - who knows.
Jon
Have you tried making an offer ?

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Jon
Who in this world forks out loads of cash for regular professional servicing but doesn’t keep records
I leave the conclusion to you
;)

jon and michie

Visit site
I
Have you tried making an offer ?
Had been in contact with the broker but if there is no maintenance receipts then I am not convinced that it has been looked after.
And after studying the video on YouTube and the pics there is obviously wear and tear I think the offer I would be looking at would be a little insulting to the owner.

Bouba

Visit site
I

Had been in contact with the broker but if there is no maintenance receipts then I am not convinced that it has been looked after.
And after studying the video on YouTube and the pics there is obviously wear and tear I think the offer I would be looking at would be a little insulting to the owner.
It’s not France....you don’t have to worry about offending the vendor !

jon and michie

Visit site
If you want to buy the boat at a price you are prepared to pay then make an offer....it will be ignored or considered...
True but I can wait for a good one to come along what doesn't need any work.
The one for sale has decals missing on the sides of the radar arch.
The aft cabin carpet appears to be replaced with household offcut as the edging isn't stitched and looks raggy and this is what I can see.
Hence why it is overpriced at covid price as @oldgit has originally said.

Bouba

Visit site
True but I can wait for a good one to come along what doesn't need any work.
The one for sale has decals missing on the sides of the radar arch.
The aft cabin carpet appears to be replaced with household offcut as the edging isn't stitched and looks raggy and this is what I can see.
Hence why it is overpriced at covid price as @oldgit has originally said.
Decals and a piece of carpet......you might be a tough customer to please 🤔😳🤣😂

jon and michie

Visit site
Decals and a piece of carpet......you might be a tough customer to please 🤔😳🤣😂
Maybe but then when you are told about lack of service history it starts to add up about lack of care - I maybe of course totally wrong - but I am not for gambling with £180k price mark

billskip

Visit site
Maybe but then when you are told about lack of service history it starts to add up about lack of care - I maybe of course totally wrong - but I am not for gambling with £180k price mark
Well it's your money and your choice...I would walk away if things were telling me the same story... that said, if I offered a price that I would be willing to pay and was acceptable maybe I would be happy...

stelican

Visit site
Interested to hear what year the boat is and your valuation.
Surprised that you mentioned the trivial items.
I would be more concerned with initial impressions of engine room.

jon and michie

Visit site
Interested to hear what year the boat is and your valuation.
Surprised that you mentioned the trivial items.
I would be more concerned with initial impressions of engine room.
I first saw it for sale last year and it was then I picked up on the trivial things - yes trivial but it's these things that get you thinking has the boat been looked after.
I enquired again a month ago ( thinking well maybe it is just a couple of cosmetic things that can be put right)
About the service history to be told that the owner is going to speak to his marine engineer to get Receipts? ??
It was at this point that my initial suspicions where confirmed

Like I said I maybe totally wrong but not willing to gamble my money away.

Jon

Last edited: