Snapshot of Market.

oldgit

Visit site
Obviously being in the right place right time is a good thing.
But what you are left with is either sensible priced boats that do sell or overpriced boats that don't.
Unfortunately Due to the brexit rules I would have brought one back by now.
Shh,dont mention the Brexit fiasco which added 20% to everything for sale in the EU. :)

jon and michie

Visit site
Shh,dont mention the Brexit fiasco which added 20% to everything for sale in the EU. :)
Like I said in an earlier post - with the ones for sale in Spain you could pay the extra 20% and bring it back, have a better example and still have change out of £180k

jon and michie

Visit site
Boats local to me asking Covid prices not selling
Reduced to a touch over pre Covid price seems to create interest.
Yep Totally Correct - the Only positive in my world is that I can wait for a good one to come along probably end of season now and my Bank account is growing with Interest every month.

billskip

Visit site
Like I said in an earlier post - with the ones for sale in Spain you could pay the extra 20% and bring it back, have a better example and still have change out of £180k
Plus what it cost to buy in Spain if the boat is owned by a resident, I browse the market in Spain (to pass the time) and consider the prices about equal and in some more expensive than UK. I'm not referring to a particular make/model.
Maybe Greece is still a cheap to buy place...

Alicatt

Visit site
The front view is a lot pretty than the rear view
Yup! From the stern she looks beamy, there are a whole lot of boats here that look exactly like that too, there are two in our club similar as above, with the same style swim platform but much narrower and with less side deck. a lot are just variations on the same theme as above, we will have a look, but not liking the ingress/egress options on her, just that sliding window below the flybridge, no other "escape hatches" or such that I could see.

oldgit

Visit site
Having been involved with steel boats in the dim and distant past, its not the outside that needs very close inspection.
Replating adds weight as well. Ask B1, previously of this parish.
Newer boats are claimed to have been built with heavier gauge steel, much better coatings and resistance to Tin Worm.

Last edited:

Alicatt

Visit site
Having been involved with steel boats in the dim and distant past, its not the outside that needs very close inspection.
Replating adds weight as well. Ask B1, previously of this parish.
Newer boats are claimed to have been built with heavier gauge steel, much better coatings and resistance to Tin Worm.
Not seen the insides yet, I had to drop off my son close to where the boat was moored so took the opportunity to have a peak, the closer look kind of put me off the boat, the ingress/egress and no secondary routes out makes me nervous about it.

Most of the boats at our marina are of steel construction, with one of them being 95+ years old, it has suffered at the hands of being neglected by the previous owner, the new owner is now having to put right all that was wrong with her and as it is a classified historic ship he has to work hand in hand with the heritage dept. of the government during the renovation. He has to submit what work he is going to do in writing and with drawings before it is approved.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Just for info the total cost of transport Spain to UK including crainage and prep for a 37ft sports was £10k
Also buying privately from Spain you get a guarantee similar to a shop guarantee, not the “buyer beware” UK approach.

nicho

Visit site
I

Had been in contact with the broker but if there is no maintenance receipts then I am not convinced that it has been looked after.
And after studying the video on YouTube and the pics there is obviously wear and tear I think the offer I would be looking at would be a little insulting to the owner.
Wise. I was once daft enough to believe a broker when he said the previous owner was a marine engineer, who did all his own maintenance and therefore had no records. It turned out the boat engine wise was a mess - my fault for not having a Volvo engineer look at it. Anyway, the selling broker was very good (it was a stock boat) and paid £thousands to have it all fixed. As for the previous owner…..if he did anything at all, he was a mere grease monkey at Halfords!

jon and michie

Visit site
I have only just jumped on this thread & may have to sell my boat soon. I do have a very comprehensive history & will supply if asked
However,one might ask- surely the deal is what the boat is like now. Not what it has been.
1st you would know if the Engines, Gearboxes and Drives etc (probably the most expensive part of a boat) have been looked after.
2nd @nicho Look what he posted

jon and michie said:
Would you risk 180k on a boat with no service or maintenance history?

@Daydream believer - So would you risk 180k ????