Short-changed

Nasher

www.simonnash.co.uk
Unfortunately it's sometimes a few weeks before I can get round to reading my PBO Subscription copy.
Although I've subscribed for over 20yrs and always look forward to reading it.

I threw the October edition in my work bag today several weeks after it arrived in the post with the intension of starting to read it at lunchtime whilst I ate my sandwiches.

I did my usual thing of opening the back cover first to read the Sketchbook, and then flick backwards through it to see what delights it had in store for me.
Imagine my disappointment that there was no sketchbook, and I noticed it felt very thin.
At the bottom of the last page it was numbered 66, and I thought, "Wow, I'm going to have to cancel this subscription if that's all I'm going to get now".

I went to the contents page to see if the Sketchbook had been moved this month and realised that there were references to pages past 66.

So actually I'd been short-changed, my copy was missing a load of pages.

I called the subscriptions number and am happy to report that they agreed with no hesitation to send me a replacement.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
I take it you never read it but rely on outdated misconceptions? PBO and YM are invariably entertaining, even for elderly and experienced yachties like myself. New editors in both mags have added considerably to their scope and variety.
I think I gave up buying it sometime in the late 80s, may have been early90s after seeing the same stuff regurgitated and the meanderings of one contributor through the French Atlantic islands on his way south which was a repeat of previous years. I have glanced at it over the years either when buying something else at an airport bookstall but what I have seen has never made me think it was worth the cover price.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I think I gave up buying it sometime in the late 80s, may have been early90s after seeing the same stuff regurgitated and the meanderings of one contributor through the French Atlantic islands on his way south which was a repeat of previous years. I have glanced at it over the years either when buying something else at an airport bookstall but what I have seen has never made me think it was worth the cover price.
Not sure I would pay £5 per issue, plus delivery to France but I see them and several others on Readly.

Refueler

Visit site
Not sure I would pay £5 per issue, plus delivery to France but I see them and several others on Readly.
I have RCM&E delivered to my address in Latvia - as model world really does evolve and mags tend to follow .... but as regards Yottie mags ... I agree - high price to pay for oft repeated items with little new content.

Sorry but having in past been a keen subscriber to PBO until late 90's .... any copy I see in Airports etc. now does not entice me to restart subscription ...