Raymarine C80

JoeStriper

Visit site
Hi am a new member and thought I would try a post here to see if anyone can help.

Just started my 2008 Sea Swirl Striper for the first time since September. It had been winterized, covered, heated and on trickle charge for 7 months.

When I started this morning the screen on my Raymarine C80 home page started up fine then went completely fuzzy with horizontal lines.

I am definitely not mechanically minded but could this be a simple case of a loose wire or is this a common issue with this old technology?

Any assistance with ideas would be most welcome.

Cheers

jaminb

Visit site
Hi JS I have exactly the same problem. If you push on the bottom corner of the outer frame it should come back with a normal screen and sometimes just by warming up. It is a dry joint, plenty of You Tube videos on how to fix but i haven't been brave enough. Mine is at the chart table and feeds the VHF position which it has never failed to yet even with a fuzzy screen (famous last words!)

JoeStriper

Visit site
Hi JS I have exactly the same problem. If you push on the bottom corner of the outer frame it should come back with a normal screen and sometimes just by warming up. It is a dry joint, plenty of You Tube videos on how to fix but i haven't been brave enough. Mine is at the chart table and feeds the VHF position which it has never failed to yet even with a fuzzy screen (famous last words!)
Thanks for responding. Would you have a lonk to the you tube vidoe syou mentioned? Id like to find a permanent fix. Seems to my uneducated sense that it may be a loose wire?