Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Novice Cruise - Spring 2012

SolentBoat

Visit site
OK. Cleared for me to join you. 29 feet and a lift keel.

I'll be sailing from the Hamble. Not sure on crew but I may be shorthanded (one 13 year old daughter who prefers ponies to boats).

How do I send money - I don't have a PayPal account.

PhillM

Visit site
Might have said earlier but I am from Swanwick, top of Hamble. Happy to meet up on the way down / out of the river on the Friday.

Seajet

Visit site
To inform Russell and as a nudge to others, I registered with Kerry at Poole today for the trip visiting hopefully 5th May.

As Russell mentions, if we get 10 boats registered we can avoid harbour dues, which sounds good to me !

Kerry 01202 649488, quote 'Scuttlebutt Cruise'.

Giblets

Visit site
To inform Russell and as a nudge to others, I registered with Kerry at Poole today for the trip visiting hopefully 5th May.

As Russell mentions, if we get 10 boats registered we can avoid harbour dues, which sounds good to me !

Kerry 01202 649488, quote 'Scuttlebutt Cruise'.

Also booked with the lovely Lisa. 4 so far.:)

Ru88ell

Visit site
My head has been spinning with this. Forum usernames, boat names, real names, e-mail addresses.....aaaarrggghhhhh!!

So far I have Paypal payments from:-

PhillM - paid
prv - paid
Seajet - paid
Laundryman - paid
AuldSot - paid
Paul_G - paid
Giblets - paid
Kylema 2 - paid

I have a cheque from Seajet.

I've heard nothing from:-

Haven't-a-Clue
Sailingbye
Topcat47
Lustyd
Solentboat

Is anyone else in touch with any of them? If you've sent me a cheque please let me know.

Last edited:

Giblets

Visit site
A veritable labour of love organising something like this, Russell. Top man and thank you very much! It will all mean something when you see your "fleet" hove to over the horizon! :)

BTW I've paid as well!:D

lustyd

Visit site
Sorry I will sort next week I've been a bit busy this week. Holiday is confirmed though and swmbo says yes :)

CPD

Visit site
Have just moved from the East Coast and liking the look of this as a social event and a way of exploring pastures new. Need to check dates and a few other things but put me down as a "very provisional", and when I know more, i will do the necessary. 35ft and will be coming from Portsmouth harbour.
Many Thanks.

Haven't-a-Clue

Visit site
OK, sorry for delay in replying. It seems that all and sundry at work (operating theatre) are trying to book that weekend off, I will not know untill Friday 27th whether I'll be coming, but am hopefull. I don't have a paypal thingy so a cheque (or a fiver) will go in post Sat morning. Just let me know how much to pay in total for Yarmouth and Poole for the weekend (coming from Universal, BTW) in a PM and if I get the weekend free, I'll post a cheque for the whole amount to ......er, whoever I'm suposed to pay!!

Ta.

PS the fiver would be for the deposit........it'd be easier for me to send full payment via cheque, I'm not a very organised person when it comes to stuff like this, sorry.

Last edited:

PhillM

Visit site
Ib1 I sure it's not too late. Have a quick scan through for the payment details but basically you need to pm Ru88ell and get £5.50 to him for Yarmouth and then call Poole and book in with your credit card details.

Good to have you along.

Phill

Ru88ell

Visit site
As PhillM said, anyone who wants to join us needs to Paypal £5.50 to me at russelleden at yahoo dot co dot uk. I also need a PM with full name, Boat name, boat o/a length. Can you also book in with Poole.

Giblets

Visit site
well I guess I'm in :D
money sent via paypal, PM to Ru88el sent, just need to speak to the poole people now.
For those sailing from Chichester / Langstone, what sort of time would you be leaving?

Hi ib1, I will be out of Langstone (Southsea Marina) with my L17. The rough plan at the moment is to meet up with Seajet and others from Chichester off Langstone Harbour entrance at about 09:00 on the Friday 4th.

Pete

Seajet

Visit site
ib1,

I'm going from Chichester; I plan to punch the last of the flood tide and meet Giblets off Langstone as soon as I can, say 09:00 - I suspect we'll need every minute of fair tide to get us to Yarmouth.

All depending on the weather of course...

Andy

prv

Visit site
Wonder if Haydn's got any forum burgees in stock at the moment. Since I'm guessing some of the smaller boats might not carry radio, some form of recognition signal seems like it might use useful :)

Pete