Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Novice Cruise - Spring 2012

Seajet

Visit site
lustyd,

correct; I was thinking of Thursday at Cowes, then on to Yarmouth.

No need for the grim faces Giblets, not all of us have time off to think of midweek !

Andy

Last edited:

Ru88ell

Visit site
I'm considering launching on Thursday, so staying that night in Cowes could work for me. Currently considering Northney or Swanwick as a change to Buckler's Hard.

prv

Visit site
And I (Dave Lusty) am MMSI 235905848 which can also be polled and called :D

I'm 235009451, which can be called but not (as far as I know) polled or used to poll anyone else. When Nasa designed my radio they had apparently only read about half of the DSC spec.

Pete

Martin_J

Visit site
looks like my SH radio should be able to poll yours then.. and display your location on the plotter... hmmm..

Did the numbers reach ten yet.. wondering how welcome we'd be if all my crew were novice / first timers.. :)

I'd promise to take lots of photos..

Giblets

Visit site
Did the numbers reach ten yet.. wondering how welcome we'd be if all my crew were novice / first timers.. :)

Martin, from my point of view you would be most welcome as you could give me a tow there & back! :D

Best PM Ru88ell and get your name down.

Pete

PhillM

Visit site
Martin, from my point of view you would be most welcome as you could give me a tow there & back! :D

Martin, its was called a novices cruise because when this all started Ru88ell and I were asking how to time a "Round the island" day as a first "out of the Solent experence". Forum advice was to "try Poole first" and that's what we are doing.

Any and everyone are welcome. We are mainly small boats (smallest 17 foot I think and largest around the early 30's) but there is no lower or upper limit.

Some of us are 2nd year owners (I don't think anyone is less then 1 season old?) but I gather that some are much more seasoned sailors. Some with novice crew and others more experenced and along for the social side.

We would welcome any and all, in fact the more experenced the rest of you the easier / safer it will be for people like Ru88ell and myself who consider ourselves very much novices.

Ru88ell

Visit site
Deposits for 10 vessels paid to the lovely Charlotte at Yarmouth Harbour this morning. She says the maximum number for a rally is 30, so we can take more. Be careful what you say now, as she knows where to look to see the planning. :D

PhillM

Visit site
Not grim faces, embarrassed ones!

Giblets, if your in a Premier or MDL marina you could always use a few of your free visitor nights come over to Hamble the weekend before, so not needing to take Thursday off.

There are a few of us comming from there, so you could join up with us on the Friday.

Giblets

Visit site
Giblets, if your in a Premier or MDL marina you could always use a few of your free visitor nights come over to Hamble the weekend before, so not needing to take Thursday off.

There are a few of us comming from there, so you could join up with us on the Friday.

Phill, thanks for the kind suggestion but I'm quite happy to have the Thursday off. Just need to organise sufficient work for No 2 son whilst I'm away. My crew is retired so no probs there. Also will have a surfeit of brownie points to use that I will be earning when SWMBO flies off to Toronto in June for a long weekend to go to a Roger Walters (ex Pink Floyd) concert :rolleyes: and I will be looking after the dogs!:eek: