Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Novice Cruise - Spring 2012

Ru88ell

Visit site
Those plans look good to me.

I need to speak to them again, as rates depend on numbers. We have quite a few now, and we could have more in the next month or two. I'll give them a shout in the week and post back.

PhillM

Visit site
Does anybody know who to ask to move this thread into the "members events" area, so that it stays in plain view and more easily accessable to all?

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Poole Quay Tides May 2012

Times are BST
PooleMay2012.jpg

Ru88ell

Visit site
We're up to 11 names now - see OP. Still talking to Yarmouth regarding rally rates for 4th May.

Ru88ell

Visit site
We've been approached by the RNLI today, firstly to compliment the idea of a Novice Cruise, and secondly to tell us about the RNLI's activities in safety education and awareness in the Leisure Boat community. They've offered to meet us in Poole for a Lifejacket Clinic and Safety Equipment advice. There may even be a chance of a tour of the RNLI's site in Poole. :)

Ru88ell

Visit site
Cash needed now

Folks

I'll be posting later about payments for overnight stays on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th. With Yarmouth it seems that the choices are that we pay a £5 non refundable deposit now, and the balance on arrival at a 10% discount - or we pay the normal price now, which is also non refundable. I favour the former, and to that end I've agreed to handle this.

This means that I need to collect £5 from each of you to cover the booking at Yarmouth. I also need to know from you which pontoon you want to stay on - walk ashore or not. Prices vary, and it depends on how accessible your tender is. Payments to my PayPal account will be quickest.

I need to speak to Poole today to see what their scheme is for Saturday. We're not planning to do anything for Sunday night as we've guessed that people will do their own thing.

Stay tuned.

Ru88ell

Visit site
Ru88el,

can you remind me where are we going in Poole please ?

I tried a number of places, but the most accommodating was Poole Quay Boat Haven. I've spoken to them today and they don't require a deposit just yet, and will accept CC details over the phone to hold a place up to 7 days before arrival.

On that basis people should contact them directly to reserve their spot for however many night from Saturday 5th May. Mention 'Scuttlebutt Novice Cruise' when you do.

Full instructions later.

colhel

Visit site
I don't think I'll be staying at Yarmouth (unless my work schedule allows it) so, being as i'm based in Poole I'll aim to meet you en-route, if it's a sail in company. Another possibility for me is to stay in Christchurch, something I've been meaning to do for a while.

Ru88ell

Visit site
Marinas - Payment instructions

Folks

We are staying in Yarmouth Harbour on Friday 4th May, and Poole Quay Boat Haven on Saturday on Saturday 5th May. Beyond these dates we feel that people will want to make their own plans. To that end we have made arrangements with Yarmouth and Poole.

Yarmouth
In Yarmouth we will be a rally. This means that we need to pay a £5 registration fee now, but we won't need to pay for our stay until we get there. As a rally we get a 10% discount. You can decide where you want to stay - walk ashore or not - but we need to know now. We also need you to make a payment of the £5 now.

Click here for Yarmouth Fees

Can you all please let me have the following:-

• Send me a DM with your e-mail address. I'll send mine back so you can pay me £5.50 to my PayPal acct (50p to cover fees)
  • Boat name
  • Overall boat length
  • Walk ashore or not

That's it.

Poole
Poole doesn't operate such a scheme, so can you please contact Kerry on 01202 649488 and make a reservation for however many nights you need. A discount may apply (not confirmed) so please quote 'Scuttlebutt Novice Cruise - as agreed with Henry'.

I hope this makes sense. Please DM me if not.

Russell

PhillM

Visit site
Russell, paypal sent and Poole booked :)

Colhel / anyone ....

On the Sunday we will either sail back to Lymington (then on to Hamble on Monday) or if the weather is fair we might go the long way round the Island and go into Gosport on Sunday evening. You are welcome to join if you like.