Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Novice Cruise - Spring 2012

colhel

Visit site
Russell, paypal sent and Poole booked :)

Colhel / anyone ....

On the Sunday we will either sail back to Lymington (then on to Hamble on Monday) or if the weather is fair we might go the long way round the Island and go into Gosport on Sunday evening. You are welcome to join if you like.

Work permitting this would be great Phil. Thanks very much!!

Colin

Giblets

Visit site
Same here; and Giblets, I haven't forgotten about sailing in company from Langstone entrance on, unless you get a better offer !

That would be much appreciated. Done the passage many times on other boats but first time on mine so a bit of moral support would be good.:)

lustyd

Visit site
Please add me to the list - I still need to check with SWMBO and work but hopefully will confirm this week.

Seajet, I may hang around for the week if you'd like company, I prefer the lack of stress of knowing I have a week to get back :)
Cheers
Dave

Seajet

Visit site
lustyd,

great; don't know if you've been up the River Frome to Wareham before but it's a stunning trip.

The quay is free for 48 hours then one has to clear off; tight on space, but may be Ok in May; otherwise Redcliffe YC a short walk down river is very friendly.

SilentRunningatWareham.jpg

Last edited:

lustyd

Visit site
I especially like that there's a pub in the background! I've not been up that way but always happy to try new things :)

Seajet

Visit site
Have happy memories of the Quay Inn; years ago when married ( remarkably briefly ) we were scurrying into the mouth of the river during a savage electrical storm, I was rather keen to get among the higher masts in the river.

Then I spotted a mirror dinghy in a bit of bother, tacking like mad in the rising wind & getting nowhere; wife ( a strident feminist usually ) was cowering below scared, but I felt if we didn't help the solo sailor we deserved to get hit by the lightning - hitting the water around - so went and towed him in, eventually dropping him off at Redcliffe.

Thought no more of it until there was a knock on the coachroof, he'd come looking for us and insisted on standing us drinks all evening...:)

Paul_G

Visit site
Is it too late to join with you on this trip?

We are a little larger than your suggested max (33') but we are still learners.

We had been discussing going down to Poole or round the corner to Weymouth and this would be a great way to begin the season

Paul

PhillM

Visit site
Is it too late to join with you on this trip?

We are a little larger than your suggested max (33') but we are still learners.

We had been discussing going down to Poole or round the corner to Weymouth and this would be a great way to begin the season

Paul

Be good to have you along. Good timing, instructions a few posts back re bookings.

Seems like we have a mixed fleet from 17 - 30 somthing so somone for everyone to sail with at similar speeds etc. I think most of us are novices but a few have more experence, so again a good mix.

Might be worth stating where are you coming from as a few people are also getting together for the trip to Yarmouth on the Friday.

Ru88ell

Visit site
I've just spoken to Kerry at Poole and so far only two of us have registered with them. If we get 10 boats they'll drop the harbour dues, which equates to 90p/m.

Giblets

Visit site
I've just spoken to Kerry at Poole and so far only two of us have registered with them. If we get 10 boats they'll drop the harbour dues, which equates to 90p/m.

Russel, still haven't had reply to my PM giving details as requested. :confused:

Will call Kerry tomorrow but am dying to pay you £5.50 for Yarmouth.:)