RNLI Offshore Stickers

Habebty

Visit site
Does anybody know the best way to remove old "Offshore" stickers AND the glue, from a plastic window? I gave up and stuck the new one on top off the old one. :)

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Hi
Bit of a pain eh I have had some success with gentle heat via hair drier and gentle use of meths.
Hope this helps let us know good luck
Toni

<hr width=100% size=1>

ditchcrawler

Visit site
I had the same problem.I stuck the second one over the first one.This year the second one came off fairly easily but the first one would not budge.I put the new one over the original first one.The first one will be there for ever I think.It is a cunning plan by RNLI to make sure I always renew my membership so I do not show an out of date sticker and look like a cheapskate

<hr width=100% size=1>

Evadne

Visit site
It took acetone and a stanley-blade scraper to get it off a glass window, I'm not sure I'd recommend that for a plastic one. Follow the advice of ditchcrawler: in about 15 years the plastic and glue will be brittle enough to chip off with a blunt paintscraper.

<hr width=100% size=1>

dickh

Visit site
I stuck mine onto the GRP between the windows - quite easy to peel off and replace with the new one.

<hr width=100% size=1>dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
I have used toluene in work for removing the transit stickers that are used on cases, it is used as thinners in many glues including those used in masking tape and paper stickers.

It is nasty stuff so care should be used, and I do not know what it might do to a perspex window, but it can't be worse than a pissed off owner and a paint scraper.

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk/TC_minicruise_2003_01.html>Cardigan Bay Cruise</A>

Stemar

Visit site
Re: it can\'t be worse than a pissed off owner and

I've a nasty feeling it might! Toluene is a pretty potent solvent and may attack plastic windows, so go steady! BTW it's also carcinogenic. Have fun...

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ecartar

Visit site
Has anyone tried lighter fuel? Seems to remove most if not all other labels!

Regards,

<hr width=100% size=1>