SIBS Exhibitors closed for business?

Gixer

Visit site
Just got back from a great day at SIBS.

There were more of the random stands this year, hot tubs, jewellery, booze, pet food?!?. Didn’t spoil the show as they are easy to walk past if you’re not interested.

Talking to many of the reps they said the show seemed quieter than previous years, also I felt a lack of show offers, but that might have just been just on the stuff I was looking for.

Sill worth the effort and admission fee in my view.

wonkywinch

Visit site
Duncan Wells presented on Foredeck stage Friday. Went through Stress free mooring videos, had chat afterwards!
Is his wife Singaporean? If so, I had a nice chat with her in the Guinness Bar as we shared a table whilst she said her husband was on stage speaking on Friday.

I didn't see Westview/DW listed on the exhibitors as I had a shopping list for some more lifesavers.

chrishscorp

Visit site
Having helped set up a stand and then pull it all down last night, I have to say it all seemed a bit too over organised to the point it didnt actually work very well. The stuff we took out on trolleys for loading into vehicles was fine but not allowed to take trolleys back in, small lightweight fold up sack trucks may injure someone...pleeeease , the show is shut....
The show was quieter this year still reasonable numbers though considering the weather for some of the days.
The pitch costs are expensive which is why so few chandlers are now going I know one who decided they were not going when they were faced with finding £27k thats a lot of lifejackets and wet weather gear to sell to cover that, not too mention the sheer physical effort involved.

Never Grumble

Visit site
There were more of the random stands this year, hot tubs, jewellery, booze, pet food?!?. Didn’t spoil the show as they are easy to walk past if you’re not interested.
Did I read somewhere that numbers are down and next year they will make more of an effort on the music front, no doubt to attract those who have no interest in water based activities. I dont know if that annoying DJ Moyles appealed to many/any on here but wasn't he doing a set as they call it?

Gixer

Visit site
Did I read somewhere that numbers are down and next year they will make more of an effort on the music front, no doubt to attract those who have no interest in water based activities. I dont know if that annoying DJ Moyles appealed to many/any on here but wasn't he doing a set as they call it?
I arrived at the show at 10:30 and left at 18:00. Didn't step into 'the shipyard' where the stage was once...

chrishscorp

Visit site
I arrived at the show at 10:30 and left at 18:00. Didn't step into 'the shipyard' where the stage was once...
I have to say I thought the music was a bit loud and I wear a hearing aid so that needs looking at, but you did miss out on a lot of the food stalls which were in the shipyard area and the seating area for eating of food, providing you had enough bread or chips to stuff in your ears to cut down the sound level.

I did hear a whisper that the shows footprint may shrink next year to get it all on one site how true that is I dont know, but too do that they would need to strip out the dog food, the jewellery, the hot tubs,, the doggy towels, Alcohol sellers etc etc which may bring it back to its core function, if they are not careful this will go the same way as Excel.