Red Diesel and the EU

Bearjoshy

Visit site
Now the EU have graciously allowed us to keep our pounds and ounces, perhaps if we fight for some thirty years as with the weights and measures, they will allow us to keep our red diesel prices.

Callisto

Visit site
makes me question who actually runs the UK? So many times you hear the retterick that "tax is one of the red lines the EU will not cross" What total Bullshit.....
This is a tax issue and the EU have ridden roughshod over the UK again. We have a bunch of weak lily livered collaborators populating parliament.

The sooner we have a referendum on leaving the EU altogether the better.......I know where my vote will go......any party that pledges to get us out of this unelected and unwanted bureacracy that is turning the UK into an over regulated nanny state.

Sorry.......off soapbox now!

Can I run for government for the "friends of the motor boat" party!
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JH

Bobobolinsky

Visit site
Surprisingly boats are now required to pass a boat safety scheme, which takes them a long way to certification. For inland waters a helmsman certificate is a minimum requirement. It is only a matter of time before having an RYA skippers ticket is a minimum requirement for any day out boating, so cost is already legislated. HM customs and excise have produced a report, which lays out the pros and cons of derogation. It is dismal reading for the boater, describing waterside diesel being more difficult to come by as suppliers will cease supply due to increased costs of pumps and tanks, pollution of the waterways due to boaters decanting fuel and safety issues. Larger boats on the southcoast day tripping to the channel islands to fill up and relocation of boats to other countries due to the cheap air fares. The rest of the EU is in a different situation as there is less taxation difference and less cost to the fuel. The Inland revenue descibes that they will only need an additional five inspectors to enforce 45,000 boats. If that is the case, they already have far too many inspectors, that we are paying for!
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ria/pria-hydrocarbon-oils.pdf
contains the report, and how to avoid paying the tax. In South Africa, the only difference between the boat safety scheme and commercial is that it is a requirement that I pull the prop shafts every four years, and that the boat is inspected by the Safety Authority and not a club inspector.
Robin