Princess 43

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Thank you for the input folks. I really do appreciate it :)

I've just ordered a new P43 with the Cummins engine option for delivery May 2016. Here's the provisional specification :-

P43 Cummins QSB 6.7-550
Walnut interior wood satin finish
Flybridge wetbar
Quartz leather upholstery
Transom platform electro-hydraulic raise/lower
Additional 10m anchor chain
Onan 9.5kW generator
Ceramic electric hob
Deck saloon 40" HD LED TV on power lift
Raymarine e125 at lower helm
Raymarine e125 at upper helm
Raymarine SHD digital colour radar with 48" scanner
Raymarine AIS
Airconditioning
Windscreen demist
System 2 holding tank
Cockpit & flybridge upholstery in Movida Metallic

I'm back from the dark side :D

Nice. No gyro though?

AllanG

Visit site
Great spec, Magnum, but instead of the Raymarine e125's, if I was you, I'd consider speccing the new Raymarine eS127 or 128 MFD's, which have glass bridge design screens and, IMHO, look classier than the e Series.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Well done chap.

I look forward reading about your journey. You've got a bit of time to fine tune your spec.

I think you've made the right descision.

Henry :)

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Thank you for the input folks. I really do appreciate it :)

I've just ordered a new P43 with the Cummins engine option for delivery May 2016. Here's the provisional specification :-

P43 Cummins QSB 6.7-550
Walnut interior wood satin finish
Flybridge wetbar
Quartz leather upholstery
Transom platform electro-hydraulic raise/lower
Additional 10m anchor chain
Onan 9.5kW generator
Ceramic electric hob
Deck saloon 40" HD LED TV on power lift
Raymarine e125 at lower helm
Raymarine e125 at upper helm
Raymarine SHD digital colour radar with 48" scanner
Raymarine AIS
Airconditioning
Windscreen demist
System 2 holding tank
Cockpit & flybridge upholstery in Movida Metallic

I'm back from the dark side :D

Wow Magnum that sounds great , I wonder by next year if Cummins might have done another mod and there be slightly more on tap to play with!

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Congratulations Mark. I don't know the 43 well, but I agree that a boat around 45 feet is ideal for Channel Islands / N Coast France / S coast UK.

You should seriously consider speccing a gyro. It shouldn't be an eye-watering price as the base unit retails around £20k, and it's not a complex install for Princess. Happy to chat it through if you like, as we've had ours a few years and it would be the first tick on the options list for me.

I'd question the need for an open array scanner on a 43' boat, as digital radar is much clearer anyway, but I guess it's small beer in the overall package anyway.

Last edited:

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
Great spec, Magnum, but instead of the Raymarine e125's, if I was you, I'd consider speccing the new Raymarine eS127 or 128 MFD's, which have glass bridge design screens and, IMHO, look classier than the e Series.

Not an available option I'm afraid although I agree the eS127 does look classier. I'll enquire!

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
Congratulations Mark. I don't know the 43 well, but I agree that a boat around 45 feet is ideal for Channel Islands / N Coast France / S coast UK.

You should seriously consider speccing a gyro. It shouldn't be an eye-watering price as the base unit retails around £20k, and it's not a complex install for Princess. Happy to chat it through if you like, as we've had ours a few years and it would be the first tick on the options list for me.

I'd question the need for an open array scanner on a 43' boat, as digital radar is much clearer anyway, but I guess it's small beer in the overall package anyway.

Cheers Nick. I'd be interested in finding out more about the gyro.

The choice of open array scanner is purely aesthetic. I'm a bit superficial sometimes :D

jfm

Visit site
Congratulations Mark
Nice going. Thought of you yesterday as was anchored beside disco inferno
Great choice. IMHO you need gyro, better glass bridge style nav screens from the raymarine range, and induction not ceramic hob. Ceramics are junk
Actually I'd prefer all Garmin bridge but I guess princess will insist on raymarine. No big deal there as it is all very good
IMHO you should upgrade the interior lighting to cantalupis high CRI units. Princess choose the cheaper end of the lighting catalogues out there. When you've experienced high end LED you wont want the stuff princess fit. Make sure also to insist there isn't a single incandescent lamp bulb anywhere on the whole boat
Loos- you want tecma or planus. Princess can do planus because they put them on p82. You don't want anything from jabsco!
Good luck
What hull colour btw?

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
Congratulations Mark
Nice going. Thought of you yesterday as was anchored beside disco inferno
Great choice. IMHO you need gyro, better glass bridge style nav screens from the raymarine range, and induction not ceramic hob. Ceramics are junk
Actually I'd prefer all Garmin bridge but I guess princess will insist on raymarine. No big deal there as it is all very good
IMHO you should upgrade the interior lighting to cantalupis high CRI units. Princess choose the cheaper end of the lighting catalogues out there. When you've experienced high end LED you wont want the stuff princess fit. Make sure also to insist there isn't a single incandescent lamp bulb anywhere on the whole boat
Loos- you want tecma or planus. Princess can do planus because they put them on p82. You don't want anything from jabsco!
Good luck
What hull colour btw?

Thanks John. I was waiting for your input ;) All valuable stuff and will look into each suggestion in full.

Hull colour? :D :D :D

I think white will do just fine :)

DougH

Visit site
A 9.5kw generator Magnum, surely not.

With your love of parties and loud loud music you will need at least 17.5kw to drive the speakers and wine fridges.:encouragement::encouragement::)

Another welcome back Magnum.