Princess 43

Bridgeman

Visit site
Hello, is there a Princess 43 owner or anyone who knows what windlass the Princess 43 has? I am pretty sure it is a Lewmar V3 with 10mm chain but is it with gipsy 002 (DIN 766) or 003 (ISO)? thanks

I am back on boat Monday and can check if that's any help. Depends how quick you need info.

yprocopis

Visit site
Hello, and thank you for your replies. I am talking about a new Princess 43. It comes with just 40 meters of chain and I would like to replace it with 100m of stainless steel chain. I need to order it ASAP in order to have it by mid January when the boat is set to be ready and leave Plymouth but unfortunately Princess are surprisingly slow in answering... A week has gone by and I still do not have the answer for what I thought was a straight forward question. The Lewmar gipsy is either 002 or 003 (DIN or ISO) which are the two 10mm possibilities. The gipsy should have this number marked on it somewhere. I suspect it is a 003 (ISO) but I have to be sure otherwise I could face problems. So I thought perhaps asking an existing owner of a Princess 43 on the forum would be quicker!

Bridgeman

Visit site
If no one comes up with answer I will try to get to boat over weekend for you. Our 43 is a 2016 build so should be same I guess.

yprocopis

Visit site
Thank you, yes certainly should be the same. Please do not go out of your way to find out, I am sure eventually I will get the answer from Princess, hopefully in time for me to make the order and get it delivered. If it is easy for you I would appreciate it.
Thanks a lot!
BTW how happy are you with the boat? How is its seakeeping? I think its the best combination of classic/timeless design, space, ergonomics, and seakeeping out there.

Bridgeman

Visit site
We only picked her up in Plymouth last month and came straight to the Humber. Behaved well in mainly easterlys F4 slight seas. Only half hour to marina so no problem checking, it will get me out of Christmas shopping.

yprocopis

Visit site
This is perfect!!!! Thank you so much! It is confirmed 003. I really appreciate it and wish you all the best for the holidays!!!