polishing corian

kashurst

Visit site
bit OCD this, but the galley worktop has lost some of its lustre over the last 8 years. Any hints on bringing it back to nice and shiny again

jfm

Visit site
bit OCD this, but the galley worktop has lost some of its lustre over the last 8 years. Any hints on bringing it back to nice and shiny again
If it is corian or avonite just polish it as you would grp. Electric polisher, 3M fast cut, then some very fine 3M stuff for the final shine. Very easy

Kittycarter

Visit site
Bar Keepers Friend. That's what the wife uses and she's definitely OCD.

This is the best stuff by far. I work in the kitchen industry and we sell loads of Corian work tops. If maintained as per recommended instructions it's amazing. Bar keepers friend is recommended by DuPont, the manufactorers.

lanerboy

Visit site
I have corian worktop in my boat and the section that covers the sink has a few fine cut marks in it where a previous owner has used it as a chopping board would I be able to polish these out or would this be too much of a task

Marine Reflections

hullgel.co.uk
I have corian worktop in my boat and the section that covers the sink has a few fine cut marks in it where a previous owner has used it as a chopping board would I be able to polish these out or would this be too much of a task

It's possible, depends on how deep they are I guess. Using wet n dry (v fine) would be first port of call. Suggest 3M Trizact 1500, then 3000 - 5000 all wet, then possibly go with the polisher to correct the final 5000 marks. Dupont say to go to 12000 but this would be more than catered for with fine polish. Guess the 12000 would be for folks who don't have a polisher and need to final correct by hand. As JFM says, treat as you would gel coat really.
http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces/en_US/assets/pdf/Corian(r)_Care_and_Maintenance_Document.pdf

Bar keepers friend / lime away etc, will only remove the TDS (water scale) that would have been built up over the years, it won't correct / polish the surface back up again for very long. Certainly a good cleaner prep though.

freddy the frog

Visit site
It's possible, depends on how deep they are I guess. Using wet n dry (v fine) would be first port of call. Suggest 3M Trizact 1500, then 3000 - 5000 all wet, then possibly go with the polisher to correct the final 5000 marks. Dupont say to go to 12000 but this would be more than catered for with fine polish. Guess the 12000 would be for folks who don't have a polisher and need to final correct by hand. As JFM says, treat as you would gel coat really.
http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces/en_US/assets/pdf/Corian(r)_Care_and_Maintenance_Document.pdf

Bar keepers friend / lime away etc, will only remove the TDS (water scale) that would have been built up over the years, it won't correct / polish the surface back up again for very long. Certainly a good cleaner prep though.

I work with the Corian installers in my buisiness
If its Corian and has scratches a multi speed orbitle sander with ultra fine disc, after using a red grade pad , will come up like brand new