Polishing metal (quicker)

Daverw

Visit site
A couple of years ago I went into a stainless fabrication shop and saw them use some sort of electric wand device for cleaning their stainless welds, not sure what it was but worked so quick, they say they never pickle anymore

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
Electropolishing is a chemical bath polishing process, not an electrical wand. Electro wand cleaning machine looks like a small MMA welder with a wand that cleans stainless welds and avoids chemical baths but uses a chemical. Perhaps this is what was witnessed.

Electro Polishing

Electro Wand Polishing

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Electropolishing is a chemical bath polishing process, not an electrical wand. Electro wand cleaning machine looks like a small MMA welder with a wand that cleans stainless welds and avoids chemical baths but uses a chemical. Perhaps this is what was witnessed.

Electro Polishing

Electro Wand Polishing

Yes but both do use some type of chemical and sone type of electrical supply as in the name of the process.

The chemical I use I apply with a brush without any electrical connection

Electro Wand Polisher

Electropolisher Stainless Steel Cleaning Machine

PCUK

Visit site
A couple of years ago I went into a stainless fabrication shop and saw them use some sort of electric wand device for cleaning their stainless welds, not sure what it was but worked so quick, they say they never pickle anymore
That's OK for cleaning but it doesn't polish. Incidentally there are several You Tube videos showing how to make a simple DIY set-up that does work. Tried it but not suitable for my needs.

PCUK

Visit site
Electro polishing does not get the level of shine as mechanical polishing does but is easier.
To be honest Roger if it is run long enough it will give a blemish free high polish finish, but it is a dangerous process due to the strong acids used so not something I could either afford or would want to dabble in.
I think the best product for stainless polishing is a bottle of high strength Elbow-Grease!:cool:

rogerthebodger

Visit site
To be honest Roger if it is run long enough it will give a blemish free high polish finish, but it is a dangerous process due to the strong acids used so not something I could either afford or would want to dabble in.
I think the best product for stainless polishing is a bottle of high strength Elbow-Grease!:cool:
I fully agree with you and it's the mechanical polishing I do and still think is the best. and time

Having gone through numerus polishing tools and processed like to ensure a flat surface you I still stick to mechanical polishing using the kit it posted early and several heavy-duty angle grinders.

I moved on from using 50mm flap wheels to 5 inch flat flap pads.

I have some polishing of some 3 mm thk plat plate with flanges bent thus leaving bend marks to be removed.

Once I get it polished, I may post some pictures