Polish Flag Registration

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Yes. Regular stream of posts here reporting tougher conditions for getting insurance, especially for new purchases of older boats, but also of renewal quotes with huge increases as insurers adjust their portfolios to reduce their risks and try to get back to profitability.

Boat's now 45 years old.
When I renewed with Pants last year, they informed me that if I want to stay with them they require a valuation survey before any subsequent renewals.

greeny

Visit site
I've never bothered so don't know the details. Quick Google brought this site up - How to get a fishing license in Portugal | Read More (boaondaguesthousepeniche.com)
I buy one every year. price varies dependent on the type of fishing. I buy for fishing at sea from a boat and last year it was about 70 euros. Fishing from the shore is cheaper and the most expensive is spear fishing. Tourists can also opt for a one week or month license rather than the full year. I get mine at the multibanco machine. If you don't have an ID number to put in then enter your passport number, but you have to miss off the last digit because there is not enough space. It accepts it ok because I did it for my son when he was visiting. Keep the printout it gives you as proof of license. Tip is to photocopy it because the bank printout fades quickly and after 6 months its hard to read.

tkalfaoglu

Visit site
The flag doesn't control where you can go, your qualification does, ie the rya ICC states limitations as to distance from land. Would you get a Polish equivalent of the ICC?
It's the way I read/understand it for a boat in Spanish waters.
You are supposed to be resident in uk for uk flag and rya ICC.. I think.

Interesting -- I got my sailing and radio qualifications from Turkey.. I hope that's enough for sailing anywhere.. It doesn't state a limitation on where I can go -- only on the size of the vessel..

billskip

Visit site
Interesting -- I got my sailing and radio qualifications from Turkey.. I hope that's enough for sailing anywhere.. It doesn't state a limitation on where I can go -- only on the size of the vessel..
It wont state any limitations where you can go, but what maybe stated ( as the rya does I believe) is that you should seek confirmation that your qualifications/documents are accepted in the waters of the country you are visiting.

Tranona

Visit site
It wont state any limitations where you can go, but what maybe stated ( as the rya does I believe) is that you should seek confirmation that your qualifications/documents are accepted in the waters of the country you are visiting.
There are no limitations on an ICC - whichever government issues it and neither is it generally a requirement anywhere for a private person to have one when visiting another state except in CEVNI controlled inland waterways. However, many states impose restrictions on boats registered there depending on the type of boat and/or restrictions on the skipper depending on their level of qualification. The ICC restrictions are just sail/motor or size of boat. Individual states may accept or require a recognised qualification for example to charter boats under their flag. A VHF operators certificate is internationally acceptable provided it complies with the ITU requirements. Most stae issued certificates such as the RYA/OFCOM one in the UK comply.

john_q

Visit site
I know of 2 boats that are now Polish registered, 1 did it over the internet, no problems, the other used an agent and had a few problems (mostly the owners lack of paperwork) but was resolved OK. 1 owner was French who bought a US registered boat, the other was Italian who had a Dutch registered boat.

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
Here, in Las Palmas, some years ago, Spanish registered vessels were being picked on, by the Guardia Civil , with them issuing arbitrary fines, for , out of date flares, out of date life raft inspections and their interpretation of " Too much oil.in the bilge " etc etc. so the Spanish owners , back then were shifting to Dutch registration , so the Guardia had no say, over the boat. These days , Poland seems to be the country of choice, I have seen adverts on the web, saying , fast easy Polish Registration € 250 ! ( As of last Week )

pipemma

Visit site
I know of 2 boats that are now Polish registered, 1 did it over the internet, no problems, the other used an agent and had a few problems (mostly the owners lack of paperwork) but was resolved OK.

I'd be interested to know how you DIY'd the Polish registration. I've seen lots of agencies advertising at various prices but never thought about DIY, which is silly since our next-door neighbour is Polish so language not much of an issue

Laser310

Visit site
Incase it was missed earlier, a UK ICC can be issued to a UK national regardless of their residency.
Ask me how I know ;-)

not only that...

but several US sailing schools offer an RYA ICC to US citizens/residents

I think it was stated earlier in the thread that RYA ICC was only available to UK nationals.