Med boaters easing of 90/ 180

Forty_Two

Visit site
Mind you if it turns out that the proof, deeds, lease agreements etc, have to be shown at every entry/exit with the vaugeularity of the border person of the day, i would rather apply annualy for the current visa. Then it's done.

Portofino

Visit site
Indeed it is discriminatory. But my point is that the folks discriminated against have no right not to be discriminated against.
Zillions of laws are discriminatory. There are a few situations where EU level law prohibits discrimination, but not many, and this isn't one of them.
Then that just leaves the points 1-2-3 in my post #85 as the rationale behind a pre 21 application.
Which fits in with general Dir of travel / thrust of the wider bill . Something which Forty - Two has pointed out it has to be written up ( my earlier “ mechanics written “ ) by the the Conseil d’Etat, setting out conditions as to how the law will be applied in practice.
One of which is “ K “ is not in contradiction with the other aims of the immigration bill.

As said Hope iam wrong and it’s just goes through on the nod enabling Brits in the future to bag a FR property and benefit from all of this as “Britannique “3 P s ….having any 180 in Fr + 90/180 in the rest of the EU .That’s enough boaty time .

Portofino

Visit site
I suspect it will depend on the person doing the interpretation.

However, my guess is that a "tax fonciere" might be the way used to assess eligibility.

You might just be able to get a caravan which is on land you own or a site with a long term rental agreement to count as a residence.
Following the same reasoning a boat should work as well if you have the berth on a long term lease (e.g. ammodiatiation).

Would a one year renewable berth lease work? May be.
I think you need to go back to the gestation of article “ K” .
It was kicked off by the eq MP s ( French Gov representatives ) of highly Brit infected regions .
To recover there economic collapse the 90/180 had effected them by Brits staying away .

The last time I was in Antibes ( location of my Fr secondary residence) it was buzzing .New this and that , plenty of folks , businesses going well . In fact I don’t think the Alp Maritimes / Var boaty scene has really been effected by the event of 2021 .If so minuscule , because any vacuum immediately filled by other EU boaters .

Remember the majority of Brit boat owners are time restricted anyhow with work / school hols etc so never feel the 90/180 impingement.
So where’s the pressure to give Brit boaty folk , retired with extra time on there hands this concession ? Bear in mind they can get a LSV ,

How ever in the Haute Savoie it’s a completely different story .Indeed it’s that MP that kicked this “ K “ inclusion off .
We also have a chalet high up in the Swiss alps .This yr we went by car ( great driving roads ) to Chatel just over the border in FR and it was a ghost town . Hardly anyone there , No it wasn’t a Fr public hol 😀.
Blatantly obvious difference to busyness compared Antibes which was our final destination btw .
All bricks + mortar btw in Haute Savoie …..that’s the origin of K .To revitalise the local economy there .

So if you go back to what’s the intended purpose of “K “ I suspect it’s a bricks + mortar only thing .
As a I already speculated it’s easy to set up via the two property tax evidence .You have a code btw , just a ref number .No need to cart deeds about .

Having said his it’s not inconceivable that if K works by reversing out economic decay in these places that are Brit infested then it’s not beyond the realms of possibility later the definition of second homes could be extended to caravans / boats etc .

But two Brit owned static caravans on site of 300 or three Brit marina leases in places packed with the rest of EU sheds / boats isn’t gonna get the same traction as Brits who have bombed out FR ski resorts and the likes of Dordogne

Watch this space .

Last edited:

Hooligan

Visit site
The French are generally focussed on what is good for them and this seems like an eminently sensible thing to do. After all I am sure second home owners bring a lot of income into the country. I am also certain that every other major country that attracts British second home owners will follow suit. The EU has a history of countries inventing ways to attract foreign capital, human or monetary, eg the Golden visas of Portugal, NHR status in Portugal and so on.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Quelle surprise

'A French court has rejected an amendment to its immigration law which means that British home owners, who are non residents, will only be able able to spend 90 days in the country (180 days a year, in two blocks of two). The French Senate had given hope in the battle against the 90 day rule by proposing a special status for British home owners but it appears that the move has been rejected by the judiciary as being unconstitutional.'

Why France's second-home visa plan was thrown out at last stage

Last edited:

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Yes doesn’t.
So you can as French property owner ( if this goes live ) nip into the rest of Schengen where the 90/180 clock starts .

Ie 91 days in your Fr “ home “ does not disqualify you from nipping to Sp , Italy etc .

Not quite sure what your posts was about ?

This will be major concession to Med Boaters .
As I predicted ( covid delay granted ) the Fr are now blinking 🤗

Looks like they've stopped blinking. ;) ..... not really surprised to be honest.

Meagain

Visit site
Such a shame, while I was intending to be just under 180 days I was hoping this would give more flexibility into when to use them. Looks like I’ll be investigating the visa options !

Momac

Visit site
Since the UK allows EU citizens to stay 6 months without a visa why not simply make it the same for UK citizens wishing to stay in the EU?
Screenshot 2024-02-03 21.55.02.png

billskip

Visit site
The feeling would not be mutual.

I'd better not say what I think about that in case any of the mods 'little helpers' notices and reports me.
I'm a believer in happiness, you obviously have your excuses not to be happy and leave the UK if you dint like it.

Poignard

Visit site
I'm a believer in happiness, you obviously have your excuses not to be happy and leave the UK if you dint like it.
What are you then? The forum's Happiness Fairy?

And do tell me why I should have to leave the country I was born in, and in whose armed forces I served loyally for 12 years, merely because it has (temporarily, I hope and expect) fallen into the hands of idiots.

There, make me happy and report that.

Last edited: