Itchenor deep water moorings

becq

Visit site
ITCHENOR REACH deep water moorings

Is there a maximum draft that can use these mooring? I see in conservancy literature that they are charted to more than .5 metres. I will call the conservancy on Monday, but wondered if anyone here had any knowledge or experience.

Last edited:

neil_s

Visit site
Re: ITCHENOR REACH deep water moorings

Chart 3418 shows a sounding of 3.1 metres in the channel off the short stay pontoon, so I would guess that many of the moorings have more than 0.5 metres. There is also a 2.6 metre sounding next to the visitors buoys, if you were planning a visit.

Seajet

Visit site
They are deep enough for any ' normal ' boat; I once dived for an anchor someone else had fouled there, I remember very well it was 20' deep - and my ears hurt too much at about 18' but my chum managed it !

If considering renting one of the resident moorings, check A,car parking and B,tender storage ashore;

Unless something has changed,

A is expensive, a fair walk away & insecure,

B doesn't exist....

These are the problems with a lot of Conservancy moorings all over the harbour; at the otherwise lovely Emsworth, car parking at any price is a problem for cruiser sailors hoping to go away for a night or two.

chrisD

Visit site
I have been on several A rated buoys over the years at Itchenor and with one exception they have had ample depth, at least 3 metres at all times. The one buoy that caused me to ground when swinging in an unusual southerly direction seems to have been left empty for ages.

The car park is £100 pa and I have never suffered any damage.

Seajet

Visit site
So if you're happy to leave a car there it still leaves the question of where do you securely keep a rigid tender then ?

Using an inflatable is a bit of a mug's game as it wears it out prematurely, a heavy thing to carry to and fro between car park and slip + unless you carry a portable battery pack for a hi-speed pump it will be a foot pump job and takes up valuable car space - a nasty big wet thing to put in the boot on a Sunday night.

Last edited: