Is This Forum an 'Internet Chat Line'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOAH2

Visit site
Is This Forum an \'Internet Chat Line\'?

It's me, Nutty Noah again!

Can someone please help me with this question? Do you consider this forum or any other YBW forum, to be an internet chat line?

Regards,

Noah

<hr width=100% size=1>

Stingo

Visit site
Re: Is This Forum an \'Internet Chat Line?

yes

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stingo.co.uk>http://www.stingo.co.uk</A> <font color=blue>- still showing at a computer near you</font color=blue>

craigbalsillie

Visit site
Re: Is This Forum an \'Internet Chat Line\'?

It's not a Chat Room. It's a message board,

In a chat room people are "chatting" in real time.

I say hello and almost instantly the message appears at your end and you say hello back or bol***ks or whatever straight back, where as on here , if I say "Hello" now, by the time you've circumnavigated the Isle of Wight or M25 or whatever it could be 3 or 4 months before I get a reply..(Longer if you go round the M25)

I dont consider this a chat room..

<hr width=100% size=1>

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Re: Is This Forum an \'Internet Chat Line\'?

The ybw.com forums are not Internet chat rooms; they are monitored (but not moderated) bulletin boards. Unlike chat rooms, which operate in real time, all posts are captured on a database and are free to public view thereafter, unless we have reason to suspend them.

Therefore we rely very much on the commonsense of those registered to use them and on their adherence to terms and conditions as well as generally understood bulletin board protocols.

This subject is really not for this forum. If you want further advice on what these forums are and how to use them please contact me on kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

<hr width=100% size=1>

Status
Not open for further replies.