Independence | Upadates & Cruising

ashtead

Visit site
Should be mandatory reading for all new members joining the forum asking which new boat to buy. I found it a very interesting account full of educational insights . Maybe LondonRascal might take up hot air ballooning next or paragliding. I feel he’s missing his true vocation but maybe he actually a utube waiting to be discovered -a Norfolk version of Sailing Doodles maybe ??

• Haha
Reactions: MrB

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I wonder if the high boat prices at the moment influenced his decision. Either way that seems quite a high price tag to me. I know he also bought a smaller boat on the broads at about the same time but not sure if he still has that one

Bouba

Visit site
To be honest, I was quite impressed with London Rascal (he was the blogger, wasn’t he?). He seemed like an ordinary bloke who one day decided he wanted a big boat. For most that would have been the end of it, but he did it! And really quickly as I recall. He had an adventure with the delivery, he was criticised for that, but he was in the right. He assembled an experienced crew and they decided that the challenging conditions were within the boat and their capabilities.
The fact he’s selling it is normal, that’s what we all do, buy and sell boats

Greg2

Visit site
To be honest, I was quite impressed with London Rascal (he was the blogger, wasn’t he?). He seemed like an ordinary bloke who one day decided he wanted a big boat. For most that would have been the end of it, but he did it! And really quickly as I recall. He had an adventure with the delivery, he was criticised for that, but he was in the right. He assembled an experienced crew and they decided that the challenging conditions were within the boat and their capabilities.
The fact he’s selling it is normal, that’s what we all do, buy and sell boats

That probably about sums it up. Without re-reading the whole thing my memory is that he had his own approach, which he stuck to despite some contrary views on here, and I think the primary objective was to live aboard with the odd river trip, which he has done. The issue of putting to sea in such conditions for a leisure boat delivery trip is one that will engender varying views but the boat proved to be up to it and the crew managed. It could, of course, have been a different story but thankfully it wasn’t.