Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

jms28

Visit site
Hi all,

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this.

After I wasn't able to even submit the application for quite some time (server error, as apparently experience by many here...), this has now finally worked!

However, the IBAN in the official eTEPAH FAQ (GR1201000230000000481090510) doesn't seem to work!? Getting the following error message when trying to pay via our Greek bank account (NBG):

"ΔΕΝ ΕΠΙΤΡΕΠΕΤΑΙ Η ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΗ ΕΜΒΑΣΜΑΤΟΣ ΣΤΟ ΣΥΓΚΕΚΡΙΜΕΝΟ ΛΟΓΑΡΙΑΣΜΟ" - which translates into "NO LICENSE SHIPMENT IS AUTHORIZED IN THE SPECIFIC ACCOUNT"

Anyone know what's going on here... again?:sleeping:

Thanks

Yangosat

Visit site
Hiya Jim,

Was the amount over 500?
Cant remember what the limit is on transfers without papetwork to back it up, part of the staggeringly inept IMF/ECB attempts to limit the flow of “black money” .
It can be paid at post office. All the people ive spoken to in Xalkoutsi/Oropos area havent had an issue with late paying etc, but that could be the local PP, who are generally realistic about things.
HTH
Cheers
Ewan

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Hi all,

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this.

After I wasn't able to even submit the application for quite some time (server error, as apparently experience by many here...), this has now finally worked!

However, the IBAN in the official eTEPAH FAQ (GR1201000230000000481090510) doesn't seem to work!? Getting the following error message when trying to pay via our Greek bank account (NBG):

"ΔΕΝ ΕΠΙΤΡΕΠΕΤΑΙ Η ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΗ ΕΜΒΑΣΜΑΤΟΣ ΣΤΟ ΣΥΓΚΕΚΡΙΜΕΝΟ ΛΟΓΑΡΙΑΣΜΟ" - which translates into "NO LICENSE SHIPMENT IS AUTHORIZED IN THE SPECIFIC ACCOUNT"

Anyone know what's going on here... again?:sleeping:

Thanks

No idea. But Ewen may be right if its above the Greek Payment limit....

I would pay in the Post Office - as it seems to be the easiest - you will need the print out as proof plus the details of the payment.

Good luck.

OldBawley

Visit site
Tepai

On my ePARAVOLO status stands “ ΠΛΗΡΩΜΕΝΟ “

Google translate : Payable. That means my money did not arrive. However, the date on the eParavolo is 02 07 2019, that is the day I paid by ebanking.

How to get the money back, who has the money ?

Yangosat

Visit site
Tepai

Google translate : Payable. That means my money did not arrive. However, the date on the eParavolo is 02 07 2019, that is the day I paid by ebanking.

For lost international payments you have to start with your bank, they will then track the payment.
If the payment is held or failed due to incorrect details, the likes of Barclays have a 5 week waiting time before alerting you! How is that for a rip off. Chase ‘em and good luck. Pay it at post office when you get here.
Cheers
Ewan

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Tepai

The good news is that it means paid.

You now need to print out your E-TEPAI receipt. Log in and scroll right and you will see 3 buttons. Press Print...
You will need this bit of paper to prove.....
:encouragement:
Ps. This is in the instructions I did....

sailaboutvic

Visit site

You now need to print out your E-TEPAI receipt. Log in and scroll right and you will see 3 buttons. Press Print...

I see you found another pencil Chris :)
Pm me your address and I be happy to send you a doz .

OldBawley

Visit site

Thanks for the good news. Since when means payable that a payment is made ? Or is the Google translation wrong ?

I read and followed your instructions, they are class ! Because the payment took some time I started wondering if the bank account number in your instructions was your private account number.
Sorry for my suspicious mind.

I also heard the rumour that the new prime minster will lower taxes. Could you insist to lower the Tepai tax first ?

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Thanks for the good news. Since when means payable that a payment is made ? Or is the Google translation wrong ?

I read and followed your instructions, they are class ! Because the payment took some time I started wondering if the bank account number in your instructions was your private account number.
Sorry for my suspicious mind.

I also heard the rumour that the new prime minster will lower taxes. Could you insist to lower the Tepai tax first ?
Well. That might explain all the money in my account.
I need to go through the instructions again as they were done on day 1 of the tax.

Glad you are now through and legal.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Now that may encourage me back :) I settle for the €33 pm .

Vic. There is a case at the moment of someone whose boat was under registered at 12.00 m - in the more expensive bracket - as they had difficulty entering the decimal. So entered a whole unit thinking that the system only took whole units.
When checking out of Greece the customs saw that the registration docs were 12.5m. The result was an immediate €1.400 fine.
Guess which port.. Kos.
My contacts have been trying to get it rescinded as the people in question were prepared to pay... go willingly. However customs say that if you are caught you cannot go willingly.

This is Greek beaurocracy at its finest. My contacts are still busy arguing with Kos... no one in charge after election.

jordanbasset

Visit site
I just read your post before it was deleted.

I know that you’ve sorted it, but is there anything that the rest of us can learn from?

Garold

Hi, when I tried to log back in to my account to pay for 2 more months I was blocked. I knew I had the right password (it's saved in my chrome account and I also double checked where I kept my list of passwords) but It just kept blocking me. In the end I just changed the password and it worked.
The new application was relatively straight forward but still had to put all the details back in for me and the boat -

Garold

Visit site
Hi, when I tried to log back in to my account to pay for 2 more months I was blocked. I knew I had the right password (it's saved in my chrome account and I also double checked where I kept my list of passwords) but It just kept blocking me. In the end I just changed the password and it worked.
The new application was relatively straight forward but still had to put all the details back in for me and the boat -

Thanks.

Garold

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic. There is a case at the moment of someone whose boat was under registered at 12.00 m - in the more expensive bracket - as they had difficulty entering the decimal. So entered a whole unit thinking that the system only took whole units.
When checking out of Greece the customs saw that the registration docs were 12.5m. The result was an immediate €1.400 fine.
Guess which port.. Kos.
My contacts have been trying to get it rescinded as the people in question were prepared to pay... go willingly. However customs say that if you are caught you cannot go willingly.

This is Greek beaurocracy at its finest. My contacts are still busy arguing with Kos... no one in charge after election.

Chris hope fingers are getting better .
Chris I know some think all I do is run Greece down , but really mate unless someone can beat over 28 years on and off , I think I the longest cruiser in Greece , only between 2008 and 2011 we not step in Greece any year for at less some months .
We love Greece , we not in love with the stress that goes with cruise it ,
The last 10 years has seen some very big changes , for a new comes , it all wonderful ,
These fines your talking about are going to happen more offen ,
we had the police con where a boat get impounded if it calls for help for many years
The surveyor con who will write you out a survey to satisfy the police with seeing the boat .
Each week new cons springing up , lines man , illegally collecting of mooring fees , under meter fuel tankers
The list is long and I don't want to bore people .
For me personally the extra tax we have to pay to sail in Greece isn't worth .
I can say how disappointing it is not to have the option to return .
I know we could sail in Greece and unless we really unlucky get away without paying and if caught there way of talking your way out , but I don't need the stress .
Getting a bit long in the tooth for all that .
The Med is one hell of a places and talking for us , we can find wonderful anchorages and free sailing amongst everywhere .

Resolution

Visit site
Chris hope fingers are getting better .
Chris I know some think all I do is run Greece down , but really mate unless someone can beat over 28 years on and off , I think I the longest cruiser in Greece , only between 2008 and 2011 we not step in Greece any year for at less some months .
We love Greece , we not in love with the stress that goes with cruise it ,
The last 10 years has seen some very big changes , for a new comes , it all wonderful ,
These fines your talking about are going to happen more offen ,
we had the police con where a boat get impounded if it calls for help for many years
The surveyor con who will write you out a survey to satisfy the police with seeing the boat .
Each week new cons springing up , lines man , illegally collecting of mooring fees , under meter fuel tankers
The list is long and I don't want to bore people .
For me personally the extra tax we have to pay to sail in Greece isn't worth .
I can say how disappointing it is not to have the option to return .
I know we could sail in Greece and unless we really unlucky get away without paying and if caught there way of talking your way out , but I don't need the stress .
Getting a bit long in the tooth for all that .
The Med is one hell of a places and talking for us , we can find wonderful anchorages and free sailing amongst everywhere .

Vic
Chris had his fingers on view last night, not a view for the squeamish like me:disgust:
On the subject of Greek costs, we have just spent a few weeks in the Cyclades, over from Turkey. Total costs of official paperwork and taxes were approx Euro 500 (for a 13 metre boat and using a most effective agent in Patmos**). Compared with our annual costs for berthing, servicing and airfares, this is noticeable but not prohibitive. And there are enough really nice bits of the Cyclades to make it worthwhile. Better value IMHO than in the Western Med.

** They met us on arrival took our ships papers and did all the form filling, filing and payments etc for us. Cost Euro 80 and took them most of a day, during which we climbed to the monastery and back and then had a pretty decent lunch. Sorry Chris for passing over your detailed and exhaustive instructions!

Peter

Irish Rover

Visit site
Vic
Chris had his fingers on view last night, not a view for the squeamish like me:disgust:
On the subject of Greek costs, we have just spent a few weeks in the Cyclades, over from Turkey. Total costs of official paperwork and taxes were approx Euro 500 (for a 13 metre boat and using a most effective agent in Patmos**). Compared with our annual costs for berthing, servicing and airfares, this is noticeable but not prohibitive. And there are enough really nice bits of the Cyclades to make it worthwhile. Better value IMHO than in the Western Med.

** They met us on arrival took our ships papers and did all the form filling, filing and payments etc for us. Cost Euro 80 and took them most of a day, during which we climbed to the monastery and back and then had a pretty decent lunch. Sorry Chris for passing over your detailed and exhaustive instructions!

Peter
I'm curious why anyone would need the pay an agent to do their paperwork in Greece. It's so straightforward and takes little time. I've just returned to Turkey after 3 weeks cruising in the Aegean and I have to say the check in/out procedure is so easy. I'd say check in took me 45 minutes visiting passport control, customs and port police and check out around half an hour. My boat is 10.3m so my tax for 2 months was €66, the transit log €30, check in charge €15 and check out fee on departure €5. As far as I know the charges are the same regardless of boat size apart from the tax so it's difficult to see how it could be €500 unless you paid more than 2 months tax.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic

Peter

Hi Peter
The paper work isnt a problem , we been pissing about with paper work in Greece long enough , I not even sure what all the fuss was about , I would had just walked into the pp and said here I am now what , if you push hard enough someone will sorted it .
I guess you used a agent because you couldn't be bothered and Rather use the time having a beer in this heat .

For us to spend the year in Greece it cost us around 1300 , of cause we can afford that , but I rather spend that else where then pay them to visit a country i visitor for so many years already ,
I have to say , I slightly disagree that it cost more any where else in Western Europe , we just arrived in France and the one ancoherage we in we notice the cost of food here highter , but it a tourist tiwn with a small shop , so we see once we go further in how it turn out ,
Italy we didn't notice any thing maybe a very small amount , but the food goes up every year , it the fuel that the bugger any thing from €1.55 to1.89 , lucky for us we have Tunisia fuel at .45 cent and still plenty off .
Don't know it you taken a look at the posting on Italy. But other then one stop we paid nothing ,
my guess is by the end of this season we be no worst off , if anything better off at less of a € 1300
Plus peter we haven't have to deal with crowed anchorage or charter boats who haven't got a clue .

Last edited: