Gala Dinner at the Greyhound Hotel Aldbury 3rd March

FullCircle

Visit site
Ok Falorumites,
this is my proposal after a long search for a suitable venue.

I offer you the Greyhound Inn Hotel at Aldbury near Tring in Hertfordshire.

aldbury.jpg

Greyhound Website

They have 8 doubles and 1 Single, but may offer extra beds if pushed. I have stayed there before and had an excellent stay, with a bunch of my chums.
There are other hotels within a 5 mile radius.

You will note that it has a large pond for the model boat race, and an excellent menu, which they are prepared to modify, and also a private dining room so we can all sit at the long table.
They will also provide extra staff to keep the bar open until the small hours as required, and have an excellent lounge with open fire to rest in after dinner.
Last time, they even got in bottles of peoples favorite tipple (at cost & corkage), so they really do try.

I propose that this is a Black Tie do, and will double as the Launching Dinner for the East Coast too.

If the consensus is to bring the kids along too, then we can make arrangements for them as well. Totally a democratic thing.

The idea is that we arrive for lunch on Saturday, entertain ourselves at the pond and settle back for a tour of the area, which is National Trust mostly, before getting ready for the evening dinner and Yacht Race prizegiving.

Sunday morning up lateish, breakfast and a stroll around the hills before setting off back home in the afternoon sun.

Advertised cost is 75 quid for a double inc breakfast, but I will get a better price for hogging the whole thing.

Now, who is up for this one then?

Sixpence

Visit site
Providing nothing crops up between now and then Louise and I are definately up for it , and the black tie do bit makes it even more likely , it'll give her a chance to wear her favourite and I'll get the 'no dad' pressed , the hotel looks and sounds ideal and is within striking distance so it's a yes vote from me

suse

Visit site
Ah - go on, then. providing there's a crowd to disappear into - I'm shy with strangers. And it's the truth.

S x

Sixpence

Visit site
Go for it Bernie , you'll like the people going , they're just as freindly as we ended up being , without having to do the 750 mile trip /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
It's alright for some , a leisurely sail in the sunshine while I was tearing across the continent in a hot box . Hope it's a nice frock though /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
Almost got enough for booking the whole hotel......

If we can get a couple more, we can book the whole hotel, which means we can go to bed what time we like, have breakfast what time we like, and make loud hooting noises if we like.

So come on, one foot in front of the other, you know it makes sense...

Sixpence

Visit site
Re: Almost got enough for booking the whole hotel......

Have we got a headcount yet Jim , if so a full list of who's actually up for it and we can start picking on other beastlie eastlies

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk

Still up for it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Probably back to two /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

otherwise i could be homeless /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Doug

FullCircle

Visit site

2 rooms to go, if the following ar still in...

Full Circle & Goldfish
MagnaCarter and Mrs MagnaCarter
Trevera25 & Mrs Trevera25
Suzyrozyworzy
eastcoastbernie
spottydog
and the newly reformed Mr Dougie Three Bottles.

It would be great if we could find 2 more couple of fools to join.... it really is a lovely venue, and a welcoming place to stay.

And I have found some end of season bargain boats on Southend sea front /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

FullCircle

Visit site

Indeed, proceed at all speed, feed the need.

We have a quorum of sorts. Listen out for more now that I am emerged into employment once more.