Experience of Frank's Yacht Station, Porto Heli?

brownsox

Visit site
Is this a good place to have work done? We'd hope to leave the boat there and have work done during our summer return home.
Thank you

brownsox

Visit site
Hadn't seen you ask that before. It's rigging work. Either repair or replacement of a Genoa furler, which is horribly stiff and needs a winch. So we're doing too much motoring, worried that it may fail altogether. We haven't booked, just sent an enquIry yesterday.
Thanks for your interest.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
You're best option is probably to lift out at Lavrion and have the work done there. You'll find it easier to find a decent rigger there.

That's a long way from Porto Heli. Koiladha is just around the corner, excellent yard, and three or four good alternatives at Aegina, not all that far.I would not have thought it necessary to lift out to replace a forestay and furler.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
There is a Rigger on Aegina that would sort that job out for you if you would like.Probally do it in the harbour .
I could sort it out for you if you want

Last edited:

brownsox

Visit site
Thank you. PM sent (wish I could send a certain other PM somewhere very very unpleasant. Not a comfy retirement and a sheaf of directorships ... )