Dogs on boats!

andy59

Visit site
Ours dont seem to mind ,
004.jpg

Keeping them cool out of the sun is more of a problem on the boat .

l'escargot

Visit site
My 3 love the boat and marinas, although they do have trouble understanding the whole humans on boat thing - as I said to someone rafted alongside when he said "Oh, I don't like dogs..." "It's alright, my dogs don't like some people..." ;)

f05fd5.jpg

Dogs on boats are no different than dogs in houses or cars.

ccscott49

Visit site
My 3 love the boat and marinas, although they do have trouble understanding the whole humans on boat thing - as I said to someone rafted alongside when he said "Oh, I don't like dogs..." "It's alright, my dogs don't like some people..." ;)

f05fd5.jpg

Dogs on boats are no different than dogs in houses or cars.

I only see one dog there and two rather large rats!

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
I like dogs.

What i don't like are the inconsiderate <insert range of unpleasant names and swear words> owners that some of them have. :mad:

Why do some owners think it's OK for the dog to roam around crapping and pissing anywhere it chooses ? Or to run around the deck yapping all day/night ? Or to sit in the backyard next to mine yapping all day to be let into the house ?

etc, etc, etc. :mad::mad:

I think the owners should all be put to sleep and good homes be found for the dogs :D

Talulah

Visit site
I have a confession. Gosport Marina. Another forumites dog (Cocker Spaniel) was following me. We passed a boat and crew who were in the middle of unloading their boat.
The pillow on the pontoon was too much for the dog to just walk on by. White turned to yellow.

Bathdave

Visit site
Bout to take our dog onto our new boat this weekend for first time.had her riding in a kayak last week, she loved it. No such thing as a badly behaved dog only badly behaved owners. Responsible dog owners hate the actions of irresponsible ones too.

FalconSteve

Visit site
Bout to take our dog onto our new boat this weekend for first time.had her riding in a kayak last week, she loved it. No such thing as a badly behaved dog only badly behaved owners. Responsible dog owners hate the actions of irresponsible ones too.

I completely agree, we are teaching our dog to enjoy our new boat with us. He is quite nervous still, but definately prefers being with us than staying with mum and dad. I am very strict about not letting him even think about peeing on the pontoons, he will soon work out that he has to wait to get to dry land before he goes.

njsail

Visit site
Our dogs have been raised on our boat since they were pups. The Silky seems to have a taste for mahogony. Luckily the pup part is passed. Now it's a pleasure having them aboard. The going ashore for a walk becomes more of an adventure than dog walk. They both want to leap off the dingy and play. Just like having kids aboard you neeed to find a way for them to burn off that excess energy or they will find ways to get in trouble. By the way the silky (the one that looks like a wet rat) is a yorkie on steroids. One step closer to the great dane size. The Portuguese water dog is happiest when she has the whole family together and is sopping wet. Since everyone else was posting pictures of their mutts all nice and groomed...i thought I'd post a wet pic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User YDKXO

Never underestimate a Yorkie - if my breeding programme is successful and I get them as big as Great Danes, world domination will be mine...:p
Blimey GM dogs. That really will get the anti GM eco nutters agitated:)