Do you have a VHF license?

• Yep. I have a license.

Votes: 226 87.3%
  • Nope. Haven't bothered.

Votes: 33 12.7%

• Total voters

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
So you don't use or need street lighting, road maintenance, fire brigade, ambulance, education, waste collection, Env health (restaurant checks, vermin eradication), Police, Building inspectors (so houses & offices don't fall down on you) Libraries, help for the elderly & disabled, Swimming pools, parks, playgrounds, public toilets etc etc? :rolleyes:

I am astonished at your lack of understanding of what your money does for you at the local level. Sure, there are mistakes made - show me a large business where there is NO waste! But you get pretty good value for your council tax in most cases.

I like to keep an eye on what local politicians do & will protest poor decisions, but by & large, I do not resent paying for the services available, even if I will never use some of them, most add value to my overall quality of life.

PM Sent to avoid thread drift... :)

My point was that spending even £150 on some training that is a one off and could well save someone's life (or your own) is much better value to me than that bottomless pit we call 'The state'! :eek: After all, we don't usually take the view of not buying a life-jacket, but on it's own it probably won't be much help unless someone knows you're there...

neale

Visit site
So, what you are all saying is, there is no licence 'renewal' required for ten years, so my 2005 licence is still valid as my circumstance have not changed and I still use the same boat and radio.

Don't think that is the case. Your 2005 licence would have been the 'tax disc' type and as such will have expired. It is only the new, online, licences that are valid for 10 years. Go online and get one, it's free.