Closing uk marinas

Scubadoo

Visit site
I phoned my MDL marina.
They will allow access for checking and maintenance from Wednesday.
This does not include taking the boat out for a spin ... yet.
I emailed mdl yesterday to clarify Sunday's email and got the same message, along with not permitted to stay overnight at the moment. I'm just happy to now be able to get down to the boat to do checks and run the engine etc.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
You can go now, I went yesteray Q&As here Covid-19 | MDL Marinas

"Berthing Fees
As we keenly follow the results of the restrictions lifting and ease our way out of lockdown, we’ll be making an exciting announcement that underpins all of the reasons for continuing to berth with MDL. In the meantime please ensure your account has been paid in full to ensure you qualify for any future boating benefits. "

I may not be the only one who suspects that the use of 'exciting' here is not going to be in accord with the OED definition.

Croftie

Visit site
I got a email yesterday from my marina - an electricity invoice :cry:
I got an email today from my marina - a copy of the invoice sent yesterday :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Oceanracing

Visit site
"Berthing Fees
As we keenly follow the results of the restrictions lifting and ease our way out of lockdown, we’ll be making an exciting announcement that underpins all of the reasons for continuing to berth with MDL. In the meantime please ensure your account has been paid in full to ensure you qualify for any future boating benefits. "

I may not be the only one who suspects that the use of 'exciting' here is not going to be in accord with the OED definition.
LOL

Just_sayin'

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.
Visit site
has indicate

Edit - just received marina open on Wednesday and no caveats about harbour authority restrictions of the like

You got lucky then not being D&R.

A friend had just sent me this part of an email from them:

"Please also refer to any guidance from the local harbour authority.and note that in line with the latest Government advice you should not stay aboard overnight."

His LHA is still banning movement.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Apologies - in my initial enthusiasm it is possible I might have missed that ...

Fortunately the HA at my home marina had more important things to do than banning small craft and issued a notice discouraging recreational boating instead.

I suppose it should not be a surprise that the restrictions are not being removed with the same vigour as when they were imposed.

dustywings

Visit site
Lymington Harbour Master has just sent this around:

Dear Customer,

Further to my update number 5 issued yesterday, the Government has still not yet issued any specific guidance on leisure marine activities and a number of important issues surrounding the potential reopening of marinas, slipways, pontoons etc. and access to leisure vessels still require urgent clarification by Government.

Although we expect that specific Government advice will confirm that certain sailing activities and water sports will be able to start shortly, marine leisure facilities around the country will need to be assessed and prepared to accommodate social distancing and hygiene measures.

The British Ports Association (“BPA”) and UK Harbour Master’s Association (“UKHMA”) have been in daily contact with relevant Government departments and are assured that further guidance is expected to be released shortly. The more general Transport Sector guidance released today, makes it clear that organisations are expected to consider it in full and translate its principles and examples into specific actions.

To comply with their legal Health and Safety obligations organisations also need to ensure that risk assessments (which take account of relevant guidance) have been carried out and suitable policies and procedures put in place. To do this properly and safely takes time. As such a short period of time is therefore needed, once the more specific guidance is released to prepare to ensure safety for users, staff and also the public. This also means that there are likely to be certain measures we all need to follow that could alter what leisure users can do.

The BPA and UKHMA therefore recommend that Lymington Harbour consider waiting for the more specific guidance to be issued before easing the current restrictions. The intervening period can be used to consider the newly released Transport Sector guidance and to prepare the relevant policies and procedures. These can then be adapted following the release of the more specific guidance.

In the meantime for the safety of everyone, we would ask that recreational marine leisure users remain patient and understanding as we continue to cooperate and work closely with Government. We will be in touch again shortly once we have a further update.

Ryan Willegers
Harbour Master & Chief Executive

Richard.C

Visit site
Lymington Harbour Master has just sent this around:

Dear Customer,

Further to my update number 5 issued yesterday, the Government has still not yet issued any specific guidance on leisure marine activities and a number of important issues surrounding the potential reopening of marinas, slipways, pontoons etc. and access to leisure vessels still require urgent clarification by Government.

Although we expect that specific Government advice will confirm that certain sailing activities and water sports will be able to start shortly, marine leisure facilities around the country will need to be assessed and prepared to accommodate social distancing and hygiene measures.

The British Ports Association (“BPA”) and UK Harbour Master’s Association (“UKHMA”) have been in daily contact with relevant Government departments and are assured that further guidance is expected to be released shortly. The more general Transport Sector guidance released today, makes it clear that organisations are expected to consider it in full and translate its principles and examples into specific actions.

To comply with their legal Health and Safety obligations organisations also need to ensure that risk assessments (which take account of relevant guidance) have been carried out and suitable policies and procedures put in place. To do this properly and safely takes time. As such a short period of time is therefore needed, once the more specific guidance is released to prepare to ensure safety for users, staff and also the public. This also means that there are likely to be certain measures we all need to follow that could alter what leisure users can do.

The BPA and UKHMA therefore recommend that Lymington Harbour consider waiting for the more specific guidance to be issued before easing the current restrictions. The intervening period can be used to consider the newly released Transport Sector guidance and to prepare the relevant policies and procedures. These can then be adapted following the release of the more specific guidance.

In the meantime for the safety of everyone, we would ask that recreational marine leisure users remain patient and understanding as we continue to cooperate and work closely with Government. We will be in touch again shortly once we have a further update.

Ryan Willegers
Harbour Master & Chief Executive

This makes me feel Lymington is going to be slow to open up!

Blue Sunray

Visit site
For info MDL do seem to have decided to offer some money back:

We are giving you the option to receive 40% cashback of the pro rata value of your your fees for April 2020, or putting 50% of your pro rata April fees on account, which you could use for lifting, storage, fuel or any other MDL Marinas service. You can if you want to donate that money to charity, the choice is yours.

But that’s not all whatever you decide we are also holding 50% of your pro rata fees for May 2020 against your up-front early settlement renewal price when we ask you to renew for 2020/21.

paradave

Visit site
Popped down to the boat at Port Solent today. Started on the first turn of the key and was still pretty spotless! Don't know what I was worried about!! Didn't leave the berth but it was good to go and check her over, have lunch on board and spend a bit of time relaxing there. There were others doing the same but I thought it would be much busier!