Closing uk marinas

BruceK

Visit site
For info MDL do seem to have decided to offer some money back:

We are giving you the option to receive 40% cashback of the pro rata value of your your fees for April 2020, or putting 50% of your pro rata April fees on account, which you could use for lifting, storage, fuel or any other MDL Marinas service. You can if you want to donate that money to charity, the choice is yours.

But that’s not all whatever you decide we are also holding 50% of your pro rata fees for May 2020 against your up-front early settlement renewal price when we ask you to renew for 2020/21.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That's a bit rich coming now.

Andrew M

Visit site
I've rec the same this afternoon from MDL who we berth with, I think it's a very fair and acceptable offer, ok they weren't 1st out of the blocks but were maybe waiting to see how things panned out.
With where we are now in the whole Covid maelstrom , I'm more than happy with that response.

Dorset Dan

Visit site
Yes, well done MDL for making the gesture to recognise the position. They could have handled the PR better by offering a reduction earlier but better late than never.

Seastoke

Visit site
I've rec the same this afternoon from MDL who we berth with, I think it's a very fair and acceptable offer, ok they weren't 1st out of the blocks but were maybe waiting to see how things panned out.
With where we are now in the whole Covid maelstrom , I'm more than happy with that response.
Well quite clever as they have waited until you can go to your boat had it been longer maybe you would have got nowt.

Meagain

Visit site
Well quite clever as they have waited until you can go to your boat had it been longer maybe you would have got nowt.
Re MDL not sure all is as seems, their offer albeit late is kindly received however there appears to be a little sting ... if your renewal is may to September it appears that you only get half the offer going ie 50% of may towards renewal rather than 50% of may to the renewal and 50% of April to yard services. Hoping it’s a comms error as doesn’t feel fair.

Solentuk

Visit site
My boat is also at Bucklers Hard, are you sure it was the owner and not a contractor?
I've since discovered the guy that was on the boat at the time was the assistant harbour master, so I assumed he was just carrying out security checks. But apparently he owns the boat! This is not on.

diverd

Visit site
Peterhead marina in Aberdeenshire opened again yesterday, with some minor rule changes, none an issue. We are getting a credit for the 10 weeks they closed it. A refund is available now, a credit for those who have not yet paid for this season, or a credit is available to be rolled over to next season. Though it would have been wonderful if they had opened earlier they are still opening a week earlier than the Govt's rules really allow it fully. I really cannot fault their refund policy, really above and beyond what was never their fault. Top job by the Peterhead Bay authority.

ICTM

Visit site
I've since discovered the guy that was on the boat at the time was the assistant harbour master, so I assumed he was just carrying out security checks. But apparently he owns the boat! This is not on.

Do as I say, not as I do ......................