Closing uk marinas

CLB

Visit site
Is this alarm Linked to an app on your phone.
do you have details?

Yes its linked to a phone app. It is called Boat Warden but unfortunately they are not available any more. Company went out of business. Shame really, as its a good product.

Sneds

Visit site
Quay Marinas "BoatFolk" advising that contractors allowed back in from Monday 11th May at the Portishead marina, as I understand it though, just those that are based on site

On furlough at the moment so could've had a clean and shiny boat by now!

Seastoke

Visit site
Quay Marinas "BoatFolk" advising that contractors allowed back in from Monday 11th May at the Portishead marina, as I understand it though, just those that are based on site

On furlough at the moment so could've had a clean and shiny boat by now!
Yes we are with dn r conwy we opened on the 4 th boat was lifted today and going to be polished next week by a contractor .

Momac

Visit site
Keep us informed.
The gates at the marina where I keep my boat remain open to key holders (ie every berth holder).
There are a very small number of people attending to their boats. I can walk past the marina from home and can see people there who do not live aboard.

Mr Googler

Visit site
We should be allowed out in Manx waters as of the 16th. First weekend....tides are rubbish! Always the way. There will be safety guidance to follow so I’ll post it here.....where the Isle of Man goes....the UK follows???

I’m Isle of Wight bred but even I wouldn’t follow caulkheads?

Assassin

Visit site
The gates at the marina where I keep my boat remain open to key holders (ie every berth holder).
There are a very small number of people attending to their boats. I can walk past the marina from home and can see people there who do not live aboard.

Thats it Martyn, I now expect your boat to gleam to the point you are dazzling pilots flying overhead.

Momac

Visit site
Thats it Martyn, I now expect your boat to gleam to the point you are dazzling pilots flying overhead.

We haven't been to the boat since March so whether the boat gleams or not is speculative /unlikely . It was clean when I left it.
I think our marina is making a case for not reducing fees during the Covid restrictions since they are not preventing access to boats providing the distancing rules are obeyed.

There is one glimmer of a return to normality - the Boat Safety Scheme surveyor hopes to be allowed to carry out his inspection on Sunday or Monday . I have left him to it as there will be a demand for surveys due to the backlog that will have developed.

Seastoke

Visit site
We should be allowed out in Manx waters as of the 16th. First weekend....tides are rubbish! Always the way. There will be safety guidance to follow so I’ll post it here.....where the Isle of Man goes....the UK follows???

I’m Isle of Wight bred but even I wouldn’t follow caulkheads?
One thing brucek wont be in iom waters .

BruceK

Visit site
Yes we are with dn r conwy we opened on the 4 th boat was lifted today and going to be polished next week by a contractor .

You must be gutted to hand over your favourite hobbie to a contractor. However if the itch overcomes you our hard has always remained open and you are welcome to polish mine. (y) Just observe social distancing and avoid licking my windscreen.

olam

Visit site
I noticed the RYA have updated their stance on this yesterday.
I would copy and paste but may not be allowed.

MRC

Visit site
Not sure wether that means sticking to social distancing the U.K. marinas could be accessible from this week ?
Allowed out as much as one likes
Allowed to travel
Be alert is the meaaage

chrisharris

Visit site
Not sure wether that means sticking to social distancing the U.K. marinas could be accessible from this week ?
Allowed out as much as one likes
Allowed to travel
Be alert is the meaaage
That's the way I understood it, but it was a total disaster in messaging. I have no idea what is not allowed, beyond the obvious about groups not including family members and pubs/restaurants remaining shut......

MRC

Visit site
That's the way I understood it, but it was a total disaster in messaging. I have no idea what is not allowed, beyond the obvious about groups not including family members and pubs/restaurants remaining shut......
Just read firefly625 message on another thread re what MDL have sent out.

reads as though we may be able to go and at least wash / clean / polish